Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Configuration Asset Kura 3.2.0
Configuration Asset Kura 3.2.0 [message #1785296] Thu, 12 April 2018 08:10 Go to next message
Stefano Cuscuna' is currently offline Stefano Cuscuna'Friend
Hi guys, I downloaded the version of kura 3.2.0; I noticed that in the configuration of the asset there are new settings; I tried to create use cases to use the "listen" attribute and set the "emit.all.channel" parameter, but I could not see any changes to the data. My tests were: Timer-> Asset-> Publisher but I do not see data changes.
Could you explain the use of the parameters and when to use them for example in a use case with the wire components?

Best Regards
Re: Configuration Asset Kura 3.2.0 [message #1785307 is a reply to message #1785296] Thu, 12 April 2018 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierantonio Merlino is currently offline Pierantonio MerlinoFriend
Hi Stefano,

thank you for downloading and testing the new release!
We introduced some new features in to the Asset model (take a look here [1]).

The listen option can be used to attach listeners/callback to a specific channel, supporting unsolicited inputs. Of course, the driver has to support this, so please check that this is true for your driver (the modbus driver does not support listeners!)

The emit.all.channels is a new option that can be used along with the listen one. When a listener is activated (i.e. a new value is available on that channel), the asset will read all the channels. So, if you enable the listener for a channel that represents a data valid, the asset will read all the channels listed in to the asset.

Best,
Pier

[1] https://eclipse.github.io/kura/devices/3-1-asset-implemetation.html
Re: Configuration Asset Kura 3.2.0 [message #1785308 is a reply to message #1785307] Thu, 12 April 2018 10:06 Go to previous message
Stefano Cuscuna' is currently offline Stefano Cuscuna'Friend
Thank you so much Pierantonio.
I will try with these conditions

Best,
Stefano
Previous Topic:Multiple Instance of Kura
Next Topic:Multiple kura instances.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:38:00 GMT 2024