Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » No JFace ColorSelector(Design view doesn't show JFace ColorSelector component)
No JFace ColorSelector [message #1785224] Wed, 11 April 2018 08:10 Go to next message
Muammer Eroglu is currently offline Muammer ErogluFriend
I did a fresh install of Oxygen 3, and installed WindowBuilder 1.9.1 from the marketplace. I opened up a past GUI project containing a dialog box, which also contained a JFace ColorSelector component.

However, I couldn't see the ColorSelector component in the design view. It doesn't show the component on the dialog box design (so the other components are moved up), it doesn't also appear on the design palette.

Is there something I missed during installation, or is ColorSelector depracated?
Re: No JFace ColorSelector [message #1786981 is a reply to message #1785224] Wed, 16 May 2018 18:55 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
The color selector still works. Maybe the controls have changed in appearance since your last update of Eclipse. Look for little boxes that initially have "..." in them. Once you've moused on one of them and selected a color, the numerical code for the color white will change. Hmmm. When I click on "insert image" it turns out that I cannot insert an image but only a website URL. So, look at the properties box for, e.g., a JTextField.. You should see: Variable, Bounds, Class, background. Background has some numbers beside it indicating the default background color. Click on the little box at the right that has "..." in it. Select a color and click accept.

Jf that doesn't work, try adding something like this in the source details for the JTextField that you can see in source mode:
txtFeloniousGunk.setBackground(Color.YELLOW);
txtFeloniousGunk.setForeground(Color.RED);

Previous Topic:AHK Type GUI
Next Topic:macOS sierra: new a SWT/JFace project failed in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:38:52 GMT 2024