Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Multiple Instance of Kura(Multiple Instance of Kura in the same system/machine)
Multiple Instance of Kura [message #1785190] Tue, 10 April 2018 13:39 Go to next message
giuseppe ferro is currently offline giuseppe ferroFriend
Hi all,
I need your help.
I'm wondering if is possible to install multiple osgi-kura service on the same linux machine (like beaglebone or virtual linux server).
for example I need two kura service on the same jvm, sharing the same resources...
so I need multiple http port for webui(80), multiple osgi-terminal-framework port(5002) and so on.
i have installed kura 3.2.0 on my board.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Giuseppe
Re: Multiple Instance of Kura [message #1785192 is a reply to message #1785190] Tue, 10 April 2018 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
the short answer is no.
There are many dependencies on the networking, but also filesystem and resource management that cannot be fitted in the model you propose.
Or, at least, not directly in a single linux environment.

But, may I ask you the use case? Kura is, by itself, a container manager and can natively manage multiple applications (even multiple instances of the same application) running concurrently in the framework.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Multiple Instance of Kura [message #1785194 is a reply to message #1785192] Tue, 10 April 2018 14:21 Go to previous message
giuseppe ferro is currently offline giuseppe ferroFriend
Hi Matteo,
thanks for your quick reply.

"Kura is, by itself, a container manager and can natively manage multiple applications (even multiple instances of the same application) running concurrently in the framework."
- I will try to do it in the way you suggest

Thanks
Giuseppe
Previous Topic:Creating custom API/web service?
Next Topic:Configuration Asset Kura 3.2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:37:39 GMT 2024