Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Export a Sirius project as a jar file.
Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785007] Fri, 06 April 2018 23:07 Go to next message
WINNER WINNER is currently offline WINNER WINNERFriend
Hi,

I want to know if there is the possibility to export my Sirius modeling editor as a launched jar file.

Best Regards
Re: Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785074 is a reply to message #1785007] Mon, 09 April 2018 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

if by "a launched jar file" you mean a standalone JAR file that can be run with a simple "java -jar mymodeler.jar", then no this it not possible. Sirius modelers are packaged as JARs, but those JARs are actually Eclipse plug-ins and can only be "run" inside the context of an Eclipse installation.

Regards,

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785077 is a reply to message #1785074] Mon, 09 April 2018 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

But if you just want to package your Sirius developments for use by others, File->Export...->Plugin Development->Deployable Features is probably what you want.

(I am afraid that I cannot give you stronger guidance since it is many years since I used this approach; my code was/is built and deployed using Buckminster/Tycho on the Foundation's Hudson/Jenkins servers.)

You might Google for a tutorial/detailed project documentation. IIRC this is an Acceleo FAQ.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785094 is a reply to message #1785077] Mon, 09 April 2018 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer Willink, yes i have an application developped with java, as an initialization this application upload an Xml data file , this xml file is an Ecore Model generated from My graphic editor created withe sirius, and i'm asking how can i run these software chain without eclipse. Finally it seems not possible.

Best Regards.

Re: Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785099 is a reply to message #1785094] Mon, 09 April 2018 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
If what you need is a plain Java application that is able to load an Ecore model, then this is possible but it has nothing to do with Sirius. Maybe the Ecore model was created using a Sirius-based modeler (e.g. Ecore Tools), but Sirius separates the graphical data (which are specific to Sirius, stored in the .aird files) from whatever semantic/business data the graphical shapes represent. In your case, if the semantic model is a .ecore file, then it can certainly be loaded and manipulated from a plain Java application which does not depend on Sirius or even on Eclipse. This is more of a general EMF question, see https://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF/FAQ#How_do_I_use_EMF_in_standalone_applications_.28such_as_an_ordinary_main.29.3F for some pointers.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785106 is a reply to message #1785099] Mon, 09 April 2018 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

What is what you call your software chain?

If you just want to use your model and its generated java representation, use of EMF in a standalone application is very common and perhaps one of the major motivations for the EMF project in the first place.

If you want to run your editor outside Eclipse, then you need to exploit the OSGI capabilities to provide the requisite OSGI plugins in your non-Eclipse environment.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785241 is a reply to message #1785106] Wed, 11 April 2018 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Willink,

Truly thank you for your answer, i will try the second solution.

Best Regards
Re: Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785246 is a reply to message #1785241] Wed, 11 April 2018 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Migrating a subset of Eclipse OSGI plugins to a non-Eclipse OSGI is something for experts. I suggested it to counter your "seems not possible". I recommend that you examine very carefully what you really need to do with the aid of tutorials before embarking on any serious development. Personally, I have no idea how to do it other than a niave optimism that OSGI plugins can be integrated.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Export a Sirius project as a jar file. [message #1785249 is a reply to message #1785246] Wed, 11 April 2018 13:54 Go to previous message
Hi,

Yes Willink, i understand you, All what i need for the moment is to know if it's possible or no.

Best Regards
Previous Topic:Hooking into Sirius font changing
Next Topic:Is is possible to display columns in a list in a properties view page ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:54:54 GMT 2024