Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » eclipse.jdt.core compilation on Ubuntu command line(compilation fail)
eclipse.jdt.core compilation on Ubuntu command line [message #1784984] Fri, 06 April 2018 15:34 Go to next message
Xiaoran Tang is currently offline Xiaoran TangFriend
Hi,

How can I compile the eclipse.jdt.core code on Ubuntu 16.04 command line?

At path "~/Documents", I downloaded all the codes by the command "git clone https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.core.git".

Then I installed maven and compile the eclipse.jdt.core project by running "mvn compile" on command line. It gives the bug like picture 1 (see attachment).

Then I noticed the line 15, column 11 of the pom.xml file in picture 2 (see attachment).

I think the other reason for this bug is that the "eclipse-platform-parent" folder is missing, so I searched for "eclipse-platform-parent" in Google, in Github, and in the Eclipse's project list. I don't see any related source for "eclipse-platform-parent".

I appreciate your kind assistance!
  • Attachment: pic1.png
    (Size: 71.95KB, Downloaded 102 times)
  • Attachment: pic2.png
    (Size: 55.95KB, Downloaded 87 times)
Re: eclipse.jdt.core compilation on Ubuntu command line [message #1785021 is a reply to message #1784984] Sat, 07 April 2018 17:01 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Please have a look at https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_Core_Committer_FAQ#Running_tests_from_the_command_line

Two things to pay attention to:
- toolchains need to be configured
- the profiles build-individual-bundles and bree-libs are required

Seeing the wiki still mention Java 8 as the latest could mean the information is slightly outdated, so please let us know if it doesn't work even with those hints.
Previous Topic:Eclipse or Oracle Java compiler disagreement
Next Topic:JDT Debug - How to watch non-public variables ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:11:13 GMT 2024