Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » New names of new type
New names of new type [message #1784980] Fri, 06 April 2018 14:15 Go to next message
Evgeniy Mityukov is currently offline Evgeniy MityukovFriend
I have one System in project and it contains few Applications on it.
If I add on area of 1st application a new FB from palette when it is autonamed with next digit number of similar FB what already presents in application.
The problem is that when you add a new FB and if its number is already in the 2nd application, the number will still be assigned equals with number from 2nd application. But when you try to deploy a project, double-assignment errors appear.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 April 2018 05:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New names of new type [message #1784994 is a reply to message #1784980] Fri, 06 April 2018 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Thanks for pointing this out. Just recently this has also been reported by Jörg [1]. I don't have an immediate good solution for this problem.

I don't know your use-case but as a work around you may want to have a look on our new subapplication support. Maybe this would allow you to put the different applications that you have into one applications. For subapplications the naming is handled correctly.

Furthermore if you have several applications you may also want to consider haveing more then one resource in your device. This can help improving also the execution performance of your application.

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=532356
Re: New names of new type [message #1785098 is a reply to message #1784994] Mon, 09 April 2018 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evgeniy Mityukov is currently offline Evgeniy MityukovFriend
But in 1.8.4 it works. Same names marked as little red cross icon.
Re: New names of new type [message #1785120 is a reply to message #1785098] Mon, 09 April 2018 17:25 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Yes, but this was wrong. IEC 61499 clearly allows that FBs in different applications or subapplications may have the same instance name.

What we are currently considering is either adding checkers for the resource or prefix fbs with the application name. We will work on that when we also implement the distributed subapp feature.

Previous Topic:OPC UA forte Datatype Error
Next Topic:Problem while compile fortte with PID external module
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:58:00 GMT 2024