Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » macOS sierra: new a SWT/JFace project failed in Eclipse
macOS sierra: new a SWT/JFace project failed in Eclipse [message #1784885] Thu, 05 April 2018 08:10 Go to next message
yu hui is currently offline yu huiFriend
Hi all,

I run Eclipse Oxygen on my MacOS Sierra. And install the SWT in it with the instruction of below link:
http://www.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/download.php
i'm sure install the right version of SWT aligned with Oxygen.

But still with the error message, screenshot as attached.

index.php/fa/32537/0/
I also tested with other Eclipse version like Mars. But still have problem. Is my MacOS not support it? Or not correctly installed?

Really appreciate if any help.

Best Regards
Willian
Re: macOS sierra: new a SWT/JFace project failed in Eclipse [message #1786978 is a reply to message #1784885] Wed, 16 May 2018 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
I'm a complete beginner when it comes to Java and to Eclipse, so I can't help much, but perhaps a little will be better than nothing.

I don't think the Mac OS version should be a problem, but if all else fails you might try updating.

It is possible that the WindowBuilder stuff that you downloaded was corrupted somewhere along the line. Have you tried re-downloading? That would be my first step.

Could there be something corrupted in your Eclipse? Or maybe there is something in the invisible files that Eclipse puts on your hard drive. Some of the programs I've tried to get going from online tutorials have corrupted whole sub-directories (folders) of stuff. Some helper software has provisions for deleting an executable file (application) and all of the hidden stuff that it has created and put away somewhere at the bottom of a file of sub-folders. I think you could google for "cache files in Eclipse" or something like that you can find out more about all the invisible files that Eclipse creates and how to get rid of them or reset them to their default conditions.
Re: macOS sierra: new a SWT/JFace project failed in Eclipse [message #1787323 is a reply to message #1786978] Wed, 23 May 2018 17:37 Go to previous message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
What version of java are you using? As far as I am aware, WindowBuilder doesn't work with Java 9 and above.
Previous Topic:No JFace ColorSelector
Next Topic:"Incompatible Java versions"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:19:57 GMT 2024