Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » insert a single file(project management)
insert a single file [message #1784833] Wed, 04 April 2018 15:12
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
After using DevC++ before, I am used to searching for and importing a single file into the project. That way I can add selected files and not the entire folder. When using Luna, however, an entire folder of files must be imported, which is not what I would like to do here, but Luna Eclipse does not seem to have a way to do it this way. Is there a solution to this problem.

Also I note that some of the example code that I want to import in order to make into projects are in directories that contain more than one project: so some of the files in the folder are used in several projects, and some are used in one only. And there are 2 or more main.c files such as sort_main.c and search_main.c, each intended for a different project, but they are all imported because they are in the same folder. I would like to add and remove separate files from the project without actually deleting the files in the folder from which I am trying to import. This is called file management and was very easy to do in DevC++, but the Eclipse project seems to have ignored this idea. A solution for this dilemma would be appreciated. This would not be an issue if I could import files one at a time into a new project.
Previous Topic:JavaDoc problem
Next Topic:Unable to launch Neon , getting Meta data error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:29:03 GMT 2024