Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message?
Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1784832] Wed, 04 April 2018 15:10 Go to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

I'm working to customize UML Papyrus and I tried to add a Stereotype on a Message. I completed my profile and can add the Stereotype to the wanted Message, but I obtained the following stackTrace in the console:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2018-04-04 16:51:20.739
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.common.editpart.SilentEditpart cannot be cast to org.eclipse.gef.ConnectionEditPart
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.ConnectionEditPart.createConnection(ConnectionEditPart.java:332)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.createOrFindConnection(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:339)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.refreshSourceConnections(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:696)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.refresh(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:645)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractConnectionEditPart.refresh(AbstractConnectionEditPart.java:226)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.ConnectionEditPart.access$1(ConnectionEditPart.java:1)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.ConnectionEditPart$5.run(ConnectionEditPart.java:1127)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.emf.readonly.PapyrusROTransactionalEditingDomain.runExclusive(PapyrusROTransactionalEditingDomain.java:271)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.ConnectionEditPart.refresh(ConnectionEditPart.java:1124)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.common.editpart.ConnectionEditPart.refresh(ConnectionEditPart.java:130)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.common.helper.DiagramHelper.refresh(DiagramHelper.java:55)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.common.helper.DiagramHelper.refresh(DiagramHelper.java:90)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.common.helper.DiagramHelper$1.run(DiagramHelper.java:149)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.ui.util.UIUtil$UIExecutorService$RunnableWrapper.run(UIUtil.java:536)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:37)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4213)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3820)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1150)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:680)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:594)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:151)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1472)

I also tried with a Stereotype of other profiles (C/C++ or MARTE) and I obtained the same stackTrace.

To reproduce this behavior:
- Create a new sequence diagram
- Create two lifelines
- Add a message between lifelines (or Execution Specification).
- Apply a stereotype (from any profile) to the message

Is it a known bug? Am I doing something wrong?

I precise that I use the last version of Papyrus UML 3.3

Thank you for reading.

Yoann.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 April 2018 15:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1785075 is a reply to message #1784832] Mon, 09 April 2018 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi Yoann, I will try to replay your scenario this week.
Patrick
Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1785076 is a reply to message #1785075] Mon, 09 April 2018 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Patrick,

Thank you! ;)
Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1785239 is a reply to message #1785076] Wed, 11 April 2018 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
I use the last version of papyrus but I have not this bug.
- Which version of papyrus do you use?
-This is an old model that you open with a new version of papyrus?
Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1785695 is a reply to message #1785239] Wed, 18 April 2018 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I just tried again with a newly created model and I don't see anymore this bug... Thank you for testing.

Yoann.
Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1795312 is a reply to message #1785695] Thu, 20 September 2018 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I reopen this thread beacause I'm facing the same issue. I now use one of the last version of Papyrus (4.2.201809160243) and I observe the previously described issue.

To reproduce this bug:
- Create a Papyrus project (UML)
- Apply a profile having a stereotype appropriated to a message (to be simple I choose C/C++ profile and applied NoCodeGen even if it's not relevant)
- Add a new sequence diagram to the model
- Create two lifelines in this diagram
- Add an Async message between lifelines
- Apply the stereotype (NoCodeGen) : the previously described exception is launched in the console of the development instance of Eclipse

Then:
- If I close the diagram and reopen it, I can no more edit the message from its view or move any element of the sequence diagram. The only way is to delete the message in the model and then I can move elements in the sequence diagram.

Yoann.

Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1802600 is a reply to message #1784832] Tue, 12 February 2019 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thorsten Koch is currently offline Thorsten KochFriend
Any news on this ?

I am using the new Papyrus version (4.2.0.201812120922) and facing the same problems.
Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1802601 is a reply to message #1802600] Tue, 12 February 2019 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Not on my side. I still have the same issue.

Yoann.
Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1802643 is a reply to message #1802601] Wed, 13 February 2019 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To follow the evolution of this bug, see the reported bug here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=542507

I just tested with Papyrus 4.3 and the bug is still present.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2019 08:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug on adding a Stereotype on a Message? [message #1807635 is a reply to message #1802643] Wed, 05 June 2019 12:18 Go to previous message
Any news with this bug? I still have the issue with Papyrus 4.4 (last version of the nightly)

It seems a SilentEditPart (in org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.common.editpart) is used where it should be something which can be cast in ConnectionEditPart. Could someone give a hint to try to find where is the bug?

Regards.

Yoann.

Previous Topic:Adding Association and Dependency to BDD Programmatically
Next Topic:Extend Navigate Menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:09:55 GMT 2024