Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Mouse right-click to move view area on editor at 1.9.0 RC3(Not same as 1.8.4)
Mouse right-click to move view area on editor at 1.9.0 RC3 [message #1784816] Wed, 04 April 2018 12:14 Go to next message
Evgeniy Mityukov is currently offline Evgeniy MityukovFriend
In 1.8.4 IDE when press mouse right-button down it is possible to move view area on editor.
In 1.9.0 RC3 it is same behavior, but then I end movement and release mouse with right-button UP it is call right-click menu so, as if I press mouse right-button UP without movement.
This is a little bit nervous. I know about move view area with middle-button click down, but middle-button is not convenient for work.
Re: Mouse right-click to move view area on editor at 1.9.0 RC3 [message #1784837 is a reply to message #1784816] Wed, 04 April 2018 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

First of all interestingly I was not aware about the right button move behavior. I experimented a bit with the 1.9 and looked into the code where this is coming from and found a view things. First of all I was not quickly able to locate where and how the pull down menu is shown. Therefore I don't know how to get rid of it when moving. Furthermore I experimented on Windows and Linux and found a big difference. On Linux the menu is even coming on mouse down events.

However I found the code which is responsible for middle and right mouse button moves. There I discovered there is an option that allows to move the canvas with the left button when holding the space key.

As the right button is a little bit problematic with getting a portable implementation I would like to ask if the <space> + left mouse would be fine for you as move option. If yes I would remove the right key option as whole as I think it just clutters the code at this place.
Re: Mouse right-click to move view area on editor at 1.9.0 RC3 [message #1784878 is a reply to message #1784837] Thu, 05 April 2018 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evgeniy Mityukov is currently offline Evgeniy MityukovFriend
<space> + left mouse is inconvenient. Need to press 2 buttons with 2 hands instead of 1 right mouse. Just leave as it works now, if you are not wish to discover code. Do not remove the right key option. Just unclear what has changed in the code relative to 1.8.4
Re: Mouse right-click to move view area on editor at 1.9.0 RC3 [message #1784991 is a reply to message #1784878] Fri, 06 April 2018 17:54 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I think you misunderstood me here a bit. The problem is not that I don want to discover the code (I spent quite some time to roughly understand what is going on here). The problem is how the Eclipse platform and Eclipse GEF are handling mouse presses. The point is that how to implement the movement handling and the menu are complete separate functions. Even worse some of the menu items contributed by other plannings (e.g., the monitoring) is not under control of the diagram java code. Therefore currently I don't even see a way how to correctly handle your request. Furthermore as pointed out above on Linux (I know you don't care about this) the menu is even handled differently so some code my work only on one of the platforms.

Therefore I asked if it wouldn't be cleaner from an usability and consistency point of view to remove the right click move canvas feature.

BTW you can also move the canvas very easily with a left click drag in the outline view.

Previous Topic:[SOLVED] X+3 example on 4DIAC 1.9.0 RC3
Next Topic:OPC UA forte Datatype Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:03:05 GMT 2024