Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Can we use JUnit 5 with e(fx)clipse?
Can we use JUnit 5 with e(fx)clipse? [message #1784708] Tue, 03 April 2018 05:05 Go to next message
Marcelo Ruiz is currently offline Marcelo RuizFriend
I would like to know if any of you had the chance to use Junit 5 with e(fx)clipse.
I can run tests as regular JUnit 5 tests with no problem, but if I try to run them as plugin-test I get an error that says:

No tests found with test runner 'JUnit 5'.

The exception I get is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Bundle "org.eclipse.jdt.junit5.runtime" not found. Possible causes include missing dependencies, too restrictive version ranges, or a non-matching required execution environment.
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.getClassLoader(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:208)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.readPluginArgs(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:271)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.init(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:215)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.CoreTestApplication.run(CoreTestApplication.java:24)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:587)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:198)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1472)

I am using e(fx)clipse 3.2.0

Thanks!
Re: Can we use JUnit 5 with e(fx)clipse? [message #1784887 is a reply to message #1784708] Thu, 05 April 2018 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Hm - never tried JUnit-5 myself. Does it work in standard OSGi-PDE projects?
Re: Can we use JUnit 5 with e(fx)clipse? [message #1785005 is a reply to message #1784887] Fri, 06 April 2018 21:10 Go to previous message
Marcelo Ruiz is currently offline Marcelo RuizFriend
Just tried in every possible way to run JUnit 5 but I couldn't find a way to make it work. I know other people were successful...
Regarding JUnit 5, one of the cool new features I wanted to try are the new test interfaces with default test methods...
Anyway, will keep using JUnit 4.12 and hope e(fx)clipse gets to the point of working fine under Maven without PDE, just to be able to finally use Gradle! :)
Previous Topic:JavaFX in PlugIn project.
Next Topic:java8_OSGI: NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/collections/MapChangeListener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:58:06 GMT 2024