Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-OML » generating .qvtotrace file fails(when i try to run the operational QVT Project it goes wrong with the following errors)
generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784609] Fri, 30 March 2018 10:56 Go to next message
wang shiyu is currently offline wang shiyuFriend
The error log and my project's files are list in File Attachments in screenshot.
i do not know what i did wrong
Firstly,do i lost some files in project ? The structure of my project as picture 1.
uicm.ecore is meta source file,uilm.ecore is meta target file,GMail.uicm is source file,i want to generate GMailPSM.uilm as target file.
I find that the result of generate GMailPSM.uilm seems right as picture 2.

The error generated are as picture 5.The concrete messages are as follows:
An exception occurred while notifying part listeners,ects.

• Attachment: 5.png
    (Size: 53.45KB, Downloaded 205 times)
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784613 is a reply to message #1784609] Fri, 30 March 2018 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to add something
when i use debug run mode ,in Operational QVT Traces windows show the process and function it has been executed like picture 1.It looks seem true.
so i do not know what is wrong with the problem above
  • Attachment: 1.png
    (Size: 142.25KB, Downloaded 177 times)
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784614 is a reply to message #1784613] Fri, 30 March 2018 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I see no picture 1 or picture 2 just an Error Log that shows errors that could have come from any tool and have no obvious relationship to QVTo or a trace.

I cannot comment on the second message. I am not even clear whether you are retracting or clarifying.

If you have a real problem please express it clearly and provide a repro (zipped project) to demonstrate it.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784616 is a reply to message #1784614] Fri, 30 March 2018 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,Ed Willink:

Thanks for you response.I did not describe my problems clearly before and with your advice ,i upload my zipped project.In my project and wait for your further comments.
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784624 is a reply to message #1784616] Fri, 30 March 2018 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

The problem is that you have non-ASCII comment characters and have not defined the file properties to correspond. I have tried all the options available on Windows and none of them seems to render your file as in your screenshot.

I find that, even for English, it is important to ensure that I have my project set to UTF-8, Unix line endings so that everything in the project is consistent and the same for users who share the project via GIT.

UTF-8 is a sensible choice for English since every ASCII-96 character takes exactly one byte. Only the very occasional guilemets or accented characters incur an extra byte overhead.

If you are using a significant number of non-ASCII-96 characters some other choice such as UTF-16 might be better.

But whatever you choose, you MUST define it for the file and/or the project so that others get to see the same thing. I suspect that you have a workspace setting that is being ignored by the QVTo parser.

(A quick experiment setting your file at UTF-8, then copy and parsing it to UTF-16, gives normal ASCII-96 for QVTo text with weird characters in the comments. This seems to be ok. I suspect that one of your misdeclared characters has been misinterpreted as a special character of some sort.)

I regret that you may find that you have regular trouble with standard programming tools if you use challenging comment characters.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784679 is a reply to message #1784624] Mon, 02 April 2018 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,Ed Willink
Thank you for your advice,I followed it.I delete those chinese charactors in annotaion and modify the Text file encoding of whole project to UTF-8, it still have the same problems.The errors presented when i double click the '.qvtotrace' file and the error showed in main window just presented :Null resolution esource set.
I see your response:"I suspect that you have a workspace setting that is being ignored by the QVTo parser."So i run the example simpleUMLtoRDB and it generate .qvtotrace file correctly.
I still do not konw the reason of my problem and do not know how to modify my project.
Do you have a demo that run correct in your computer environtment, could you please send me this demo?Then,i can run it on my computer to see whether it work correctly.
Thank you so much and look forward to your kind advice

regards,
wangshiyu
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784681 is a reply to message #1784679] Mon, 02 April 2018 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Your previous repo failed before parsing the file so I made no progress towards whatever might be the *.qvtotrace.

Your new *.rar is not a zipped project. Please use ZIP. And then tell me what to actually do to see whatever the problem is that you are observing. Your screen shots tell me nothing since I do not know how they were produced or what you think is wrong with them.

You seem to have simpleUMLtoRDB as an example that works for you. What do you want me to send you another demo? Make small changes from what works towards what doesn't work and then you will know what the problem is. If it is a bug please raise a Bugzxilla.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784686 is a reply to message #1784681] Mon, 02 April 2018 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,Ed Willink:
Thanks for you response.I did not describe my operation step clearly before.Now,I introduce my process from beginning as the file named The screenshot of process in file attachments and i add the projcet named uicm2uilm in file attachmeents too.
The .qvtotrace file and .uilm file were generated after i clicked run button.Util now,it is correct.After i double click the .qvtotrace file ,the error present.
When you run my project ,does it run correctly? And i also want a success demo in order to judge whether my eclipse environment is right or not.And until now i do not know what the problem is and where the problem happened.
Wait for your response.

Regards,
wangshiyu
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784722 is a reply to message #1784686] Tue, 03 April 2018 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Thanks. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=533155 raised.

Unfortunately the problems with non-ASCII 96 characters diverted attention from the real and very simple problems.

(All I actually needed was the *.qvtotrace file in a zipped project with an instruction to open it with the QVTo trace editor.)

The generation repro conforms that there is nothing unusual about its generation. (Rather than providing all the create-launch steps, it is possible to use the "Common" tab in the launch configuration editor to save the launch configuration to a shared file in the project. The launch is then available for re-use.

Preliminary examination suggests that you have found two bugs
- a failure to set a mandatory field in the trace
- a failure to display the failure in the editor

If you use Open With...->Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor for the *.qvtotrace file you can browse its contents and if you "Validate" you see the first bug that was obscured the second.

Your launch does not seem to do very much. I see a "Multiple markers at this line - The type 'pim2psm::OrderedSet(WComponent)' does not conform to the type
'pim2psm::Sequence(WTextArea)' - Possible use of equality operator instead of assignment operator" warning at the end of your *.qvto file.

You probably have a stupid error somewhere at the root. I find it helps to start with a very small Tx of root elements and gradually build up.

I do not find the QVTo trace very helpful. Perhaps others do not either which is how some bit rot may have crept in.

Thank you very much for your persistence in reporting this. Add yourself to the Bugzilla to see progress. Hopefully using the Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor is an adequate workaround for you.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: generating .qvtotrace file fails [message #1784729 is a reply to message #1784722] Tue, 03 April 2018 10:04 Go to previous message
Hi

You can install the fixes by downloading https://hudson.eclipse.org/qvt-oml/job/qvto-branch-tests/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.qvto.releng.build-site/target/org.eclipse.qvto-3.8.0.N20180403-0951.zip

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:a wrong with qvt
Next Topic:How to use an external class as a black-box library?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:27:35 GMT 2024