Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » more project management(importing example files)
more project management [message #1784585] Thu, 29 March 2018 16:42 Go to next message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
1. File->New->Makefile Project with Existing Code
2. Browse to dir where source files are located
3. Select MinGW GCC Toolchain (I have mingw installed)
4. Select C language since it is a c program
5. Finish
After using DevC++ before, I am used to searching for and importing a single file into the project. That way I can add selected files and not the entire folder. When using Luna, however, an entire folder of files must be imported, which is not what I would like to do here, but Luna Eclipse does not seem to have a way to do it this way. Is there a solution to this problem.

Also I note that some of the example code that I want to make into projects are in directories that contain more than one project: so some of the files are used in both projects, and some are used in one only. And there are 2 or more main.c files such as sort_main.c and search_main.c, each intended for a different project, but they are all imported because they are in the same folder. So I was thinking about deleting the unnecessary files from the project and the creating another project and deleting the unnecessary files from that project thereby creating separate projects, but the deletion will delete the actual files in the folder.
A solution for this dilemma would be appreciated. This would not be an issue if I could import files one at a time into a new project.

One more thing: the above steps seem to create a nice project, but when I do it for a much simpler project of only 3 files, one main.c, and another .c and an .h file (they are a good group of files as I had them working in the other development environment), the project looks just fine, but when I go to create an exe there is no bin directory created and no run time exe created. So what is wrong with the above steps?
Re: more project management [message #1784619 is a reply to message #1784585] Fri, 30 March 2018 14:12 Go to previous message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
For the last item in the list, this does not create a makefile, Using create a C or C++ project does, and it works!
Previous Topic:Accessing Ingres database in BIRT runtime
Next Topic:Time based file autoclose
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:05:19 GMT 2024