Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » RE: Linux, C/C++ IDE, and JRE(Getting Things Working When PATH Is Not Recognized Under a Linux Distro...)
RE: Linux, C/C++ IDE, and JRE [message #1784523] Thu, 29 March 2018 01:51 Go to next message
Seth Nowlin is currently offline Seth NowlinFriend
Hello,

I have received some errors when trying to start my Eclipse Oxygen within Linux Ubuntu 16.4.

It seems when I apply the PATH to my eclipse package w/ the jre1.8.0_161 filing, I get a bogus return. I am sure this is incorrect for numerous reasons but I have failed to keep updated w/ Linux and CDT.

Now...

Outside of changing the directory w/ the JRE or adding JRE to Eclipse's PATH, I read that GTK needs to be "resolved" correctly.

The info. on that site seemed iffy in the way that I just could not understand.

Any relative info. from Linux Users would be great for me, e.g. sites, .pdf files, and/or walk-throughs would be starters.

Seth

P.S. Please post at will. The error just stated that JRE was not in my PATH. I put JRE in the PATH but w/out positive outcomes.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 March 2018 01:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RE: Linux, C/C++ IDE, and JRE [message #1784525 is a reply to message #1784523] Thu, 29 March 2018 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Again,

I am looking to find out about what JRE to use w/ Linux Ubuntu 16.4 w/ CDT. I am most likely using the incorrect 64 bit JRE as of now.

Seth

P.S. If any of these ideas make sense to you, please reply. I have time.
Re: RE: Linux, C/C++ IDE, and JRE [message #1784661 is a reply to message #1784525] Sun, 01 April 2018 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
I'm running Kubuntu 16.04 LTS with the OpenJDK 1.8.0_151 JDK. It is the standard Java installed together with the operating system. The Eclipse installation includes CDT, Java, Web, Python and some others, too.

If you installed Oxygen from the Ubuntu repository, please jettison it with the package manager, go to the Eclipse download page, get the installer program, and use it to install the proper version. The installer is pretty good in matching the JDK and Eclipse together.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: RE: Linux, C/C++ IDE, and JRE [message #1784704 is a reply to message #1784661] Mon, 02 April 2018 19:45 Go to previous message
Hello,

Okay...thank you. I will look into your directions.

Seth
Previous Topic:eclipse start up issues :eclipse-cpp-oxygen-R-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz
Next Topic:Why can't a test suite be split into multiple OS processes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:05:34 GMT 2024