Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » project management(managing where the project and imported files are located)
project management [message #1784401] Tue, 27 March 2018 16:08 Go to next message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
I've been using DevC++ and was able to create a new C++ project and import files into the project, and the entire project was then put into the same folder as the originally imported source files, which makes for a very sensible way of handling these projects. I would like to be able to do the same thing with Eclipse, but all I seem to be able to do is create a very nice working project by importing these files, but have no control over where the actual project is being created. Since I have many different books with many source code folders that I would like to import and create projects associated with each separate folder, I sure would like to be able to create projects in the same folder as the code that I am importing. Thereby organizing my code and projects in a very meaningful manner. Any advice on how to do this will be very much appreciated.
Re: project management [message #1784437 is a reply to message #1784401] Wed, 28 March 2018 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
When you create the project, you can specify the location where you want the project to reside. You can place it pretty much anywhere on your file system. Uncheck the Use default location box on the New Project page and select the location where you want it.
Re: project management [message #1784491 is a reply to message #1784437] Wed, 28 March 2018 15:56 Go to previous message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
nice info, thanks!
Previous Topic:Error in profile editor
Next Topic:When does the DTLS session expires in an Leshan Server?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:48:17 GMT 2024