Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Secure Cache - For Automatic secure proxy access
Secure Cache - For Automatic secure proxy access [message #1784391] Tue, 27 March 2018 14:52 Go to next message
David Coley is currently offline David ColeyFriend
Is there a way to automate Oomph to get the user to setup their Secure Cache so they can access a Proxy which is restricted by a User/APIKey pair?

We don't want the users to have to fill in the details as we have other scripting that automates the generation of the User and APIKey pair.
Re: Secure Cache - For Automatic secure proxy access [message #1784393 is a reply to message #1784391] Tue, 27 March 2018 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm really not an expert on proxy configuration. The network proxy preferences are configuration scoped, so you could distribute an installer with "built-in" preferences by putting them in the configuration/.settings/... folder. But of course if the preference values need to have some user-specific value, that doesn't work. These preferences are copied from the installer to the installation so if you figure out how to get the installer to work that should do the trick.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Secure Cache - For Automatic secure proxy access [message #1784404 is a reply to message #1784393] Tue, 27 March 2018 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank, I already configure "configuration\.settings\org.eclipse.core.net.prefs" , I'll continue to search for Secure Cache options, thanks
Re: Secure Cache - For Automatic secure proxy access [message #1784446 is a reply to message #1784404] Wed, 28 March 2018 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
What do you mean by "Secure Cache"? I could not find that term in Google.

If you're referring to Preferences->General->Security->Secure Storage then please note that with Oomph you can declare a PreferenceTask that has an absolute path starting with "/secure/..." to set/change secure storage contents. Just like "/secure/org.eclipse.userstorage/https%3A%2F%2Fapi.eclipse.org%2F/password".

Re: Secure Cache - For Automatic secure proxy access [message #1784588 is a reply to message #1784446] Thu, 29 March 2018 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Eike!

I'll try that out.
Re: Secure Cache - For Automatic secure proxy access [message #1786189 is a reply to message #1784588] Thu, 26 April 2018 15:31 Go to previous message
Just finished a PoC of the overall work I've been doing and now free to get back to the "make life better" list of todo's.

For the Secure Cache, I should have said Secure Storage. The details are like:

\.eclipse\org.eclipse.equinox.security/secure_storage

this holds some data that has been encrypted with the partial URL and an encrypted copy of the password.

Where would be best to figure out how to automate this in Oomph? I can provide the API key that needs to go into the password for each user via a 3rd party script that is called as part of the launch. What I can't figure out is how to get Eclipse to use this directly with no user involvement to connect to the Update site in question.

Currently when I do the install with this URL, the Username and Password pops up request for the site. I would like to automatically populate this.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 April 2018 16:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:-XX: Eclipse Ini issues
Next Topic:Empty variables wizard page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:19:12 GMT 2024