Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Acceleo and QML(does acceleo generate a .qml file?)
Acceleo and QML [message #1784282] Mon, 26 March 2018 08:32 Go to next message
khouloud AYARI is currently offline khouloud AYARIFriend
Good morning,

I'm trying to generate a QML code automatically and I found out that Acceleo is able to do so, but I dnt knw if it can generate a QML file or not!
I reah the Help doc but it didn't precise what files it generate.

Thank u for ur help.
Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784284 is a reply to message #1784282] Mon, 26 March 2018 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Acceleo is an M2T (Model to Text) transformation tool/language. QML is a textual language so if you have a model then you can use Acceleo to convert to it.

Creation of QML text from a model seems like a fairly obvious thing to do so I recommend a little time searching for something to re-use before doing it yourself.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784351 is a reply to message #1784284] Tue, 27 March 2018 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
thank you for your help.
I searched for an example or tuto to help me through but I failed to find something useful, so please if u know about a doc or something that will help me, please inform me!
Thank u agn.
Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784357 is a reply to message #1784351] Tue, 27 March 2018 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Acceleo has substantial documentation and examples. What was your search that failed to find anything?

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784360 is a reply to message #1784357] Tue, 27 March 2018 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I was looking for an example about Acceleo and QML but all i find is java and c++!
I want to knw if there is a tuto/example about M2T Acceleo QML!

kind regards,
Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784365 is a reply to message #1784360] Tue, 27 March 2018 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Perhaps you misunderstand Acceleo and M2T. Acceleo is a tool, like a Java compiler, that supports a language, like Java, in which you can write programs to tackle interesting problems.

Your problem as I understand it is to convert something, possibly a QML model, into QML text. You can program this model-to-text conversion in Acceleo (or Java).

I suspect that you expected Acceleo to auto-implement the conversion program. One day that may be possible, but only if
- your source, possibly a QML model, has a full machine definition, possibly an Ecore metamodel
- your target, QML text, has a full machine definition, possibly an Xtext grammar
- the source to target semantic relationships are simple enough to be captured by the Xtext grammar, or specified in some other way, possibly an M2M

My recommendation was to search for some QML tool support that has already done this. Of course if you are a primary QML developer you may want to exploit tools such as Xtext.

Regards

Ed Willink

Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784371 is a reply to message #1784365] Tue, 27 March 2018 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey;

I'm really grateful for your explanation, but if i create a model using EMF, ( as far as I knw it's able to generate a script written in java from a model) will it be able to generate a .qml file? ( I'm sorry if I sound stupid but this is my first time with Acceleo/Eclipse and EMF)

Kind regards
Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784373 is a reply to message #1784371] Tue, 27 March 2018 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,

My project is about generating automatically .qml files, but I'm not sure whitch software/tool to use!

Kind regards,
Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784380 is a reply to message #1784373] Tue, 27 March 2018 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

The Ecore model to Java conversion is defined by the JET M2T language with the help of many genmodel support Java classes in the org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore plugin.

You could write JET template(s) for Ecore to QML. You could refine the genmodel classes. But you'll probably find Acceleo easier.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Acceleo and QML [message #1784386 is a reply to message #1784380] Tue, 27 March 2018 13:31 Go to previous message
thank you so much
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Working with multiple input models and metamodels
Next Topic:No .uml model found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:27:05 GMT 2024