Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » I am unable to access raspberry pi 3 using VNC after installing kura(I use my raspberry pi through VNC but after installing Kura on it my wifi has stopped working and i am unable to access it by using VNC. However i can login through SSH)
I am unable to access raspberry pi 3 using VNC after installing kura [message #1784256] Sun, 25 March 2018 08:18 Go to next message
Ravi Verma is currently offline Ravi VermaFriend
I use my raspberry pi through VNC but after installing Kura on it my wifi has stopped working and i am unable to access it by using VNC. However i can login through SSH.

Can anyone help me??

[Updated on: Mon, 26 March 2018 18:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I am unable to access raspberry pi 3 using VNC after installing kura [message #1784329 is a reply to message #1784256] Mon, 26 March 2018 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Kura uses Linux iptables to block unneeded ports. You will need to access the "Firewall" tab in the Kura web UI and open the needed firewall ports. I would recommend checking the VNC documentation on which ports need to be opened in order to use VNC.

Regards,
--Dave
Re: I am unable to access raspberry pi 3 using VNC after installing kura [message #1784369 is a reply to message #1784329] Tue, 27 March 2018 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi Verma is currently offline Ravi VermaFriend
A very big thanks to you Dave for your reply. I don't have a display for my raspberry pi, so can you tell me how to access Kura Web UI using ssh or is there another way to unblock port(Port:5900 is used in my case).
Re: I am unable to access raspberry pi 3 using VNC after installing kura [message #1784387 is a reply to message #1784369] Tue, 27 March 2018 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
port 80 should be open. You can access the Kura web ui using your preferred browser and pointing it to the Pi's IP.

For a wider overview, Kura is provided in two modalities:
1_ full: kura manages all the aspects of the gateway connectivity, including firewall and interfaces configuration
2_ nn: kura works only as an application manager without touching the network.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: I am unable to access raspberry pi 3 using VNC after installing kura [message #1838655 is a reply to message #1784387] Wed, 03 March 2021 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rasmiranjan Bhuyan is currently offline Rasmiranjan BhuyanFriend
Hi,
i have installed the os in my rasberry pi device using 16 gb sd card and connect with my mobile hotspot. Both my rasberry pi and my machine are with the same network. And also i m able to see my rasberry pi ip address in my phone hotspot section and also able to open the rasberry pi terminal. But now i installed kura on the device. After installing kura it asked me to reboot . After doing this now i m not able to find that resberry pi device name in my phone hotspot section (i.e it's not conecting with my wifi network) . In other side , after installing kura , in my machine wifi section i m getting a new wifi name like below

kura_gateway_DC:A6:32:D8:91:1E

->Now without resberry pi ip address how can we can connect to kura dashboard ?

Regards ,
Rasmiranjan

Re: I am unable to access raspberry pi 3 using VNC after installing kura [message #1838682 is a reply to message #1838655] Wed, 03 March 2021 14:04 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
the default configuration of Kura configures the ethernet port as DHCP client and the WIFI as access point.
The kura_gateway_DC:A6:32:D8:91:1E is the access point setup by the framework. If you access that you can gent access to the device.

Previous Topic:Publish high rate messages with DataService without H2DbService
Next Topic:Kura show software status details in WebUI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:29:25 GMT 2024