Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Change existing states to super state sub-state(state machine state chart question)
Change existing states to super state sub-state [message #1783864] Mon, 19 March 2018 17:12 Go to next message
Steve Zielinski is currently offline Steve ZielinskiFriend
I have existing states A, B, and C. How do I now make states B and C sub-states of A?
I can't figure out how to do this in either the graphical editor nor the model browser.
Re: Change existing states to super state sub-state [message #1783898 is a reply to message #1783864] Tue, 20 March 2018 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

I assume you want to represent a state in a state machine diagram and A, B and C are already displayed in the diagram.

In that case, you can drag and drop a "Region" from the palette in the state A and then drag and drop the states B and C in A.

HTH.

Yoann.
Re: Change existing states to super state sub-state [message #1784004 is a reply to message #1783898] Wed, 21 March 2018 13:09 Go to previous message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
As said Yoann , in UML a sub- state is contained into a region. So you need to create at least one region in order to add your sub-state.
Previous Topic:Display Actor's name in Block Definition Diagram
Next Topic:How to represent a relationship in a model applying a profil
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:44:21 GMT 2024