Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Query Jubula Database(I would like to poke the db for information regarding currently running tests and other things)
Query Jubula Database [message #1783737] Fri, 16 March 2018 12:47 Go to next message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
Hi there,

a) i would like to query the jubula database for information concerning currently running tests

b) i would like to "query all the things" inside jubula database

Concerning

a)
 is it maybe possible to get any information concerning information (even temporary) created by an AUT running a Test started for example headless via testexec (or otherwise)? 

I already experimented with queries relating to Table TESTRESULT_SUMMARY ... but i suppose this table records the RESULTS after a finished test-run

b)
I would greatly appreciate some pointers to information concerning the database-schema ... either some higher level documentation about the schema or maybe some locations in sourcecode where (for example) the testexec interacts with the database. 

As i understand it ... the things i am asking for would probably be regarded as brittle and/or bad practice(?). The generally preferred way would be to treat DB as a black box and just work with export/import of xml-structures.

Nevertheless i would like to ask as the db is a quite usable and flexibly queryable source of info about completed tests. (Maybe even for still running ones?)

Thank you for any input!

cheers
Daniel
Re: Query Jubula Database [message #1783922 is a reply to message #1783737] Tue, 20 March 2018 12:48 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi there,

you're right - you really should look at the DB as a black box. The table we're most likely to (and happy to) describe is the TESTRESULT table, but that doesn't contain the information you'd need.
Can you be more specific about examples of what you're trying to do and why?

Thanks,
Alex
Previous Topic:New to Extending Rootkits
Next Topic:Store my own data relating to a TestSuite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:44:36 GMT 2024