Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » [resolved]JNI C library not found(When running java in Eclipse the -D argument is not working as expected)
[resolved]JNI C library not found [message #1783731] Fri, 16 March 2018 11:39
Jim Anderson is currently offline Jim AndersonFriend
I have just started trying to use JNI to call some existing C programs from Java. In my shell scripts I have been able to make calls to the C-library, but I am getting jibberish as output and I need to do some debugging. From the terminal, my java command is:

java -Djava.library.path=${HOME}/prog/java/webapps/lib bfs.createPages.CinterfaceNameTable >& ./bfs/createPages/createpage3.out

The C library, 'libbfsmem.so', is in ${HOME}/prog/java/webapps/lib and is found when run as a terminal command line.

I set up for debugging by bringing up 'run --> Debug Configurations' and then selecting the 'Arguments' tab and entering:

-Djava.library.path=/home/jja/prog/java/webapps/lib CinterfaceNameTable

in the 'Program Arguments' box.

When I debug in Eclipse (Oxygen eclipse4.7_java), I get an error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no bfsmem in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1867)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)
at bfs.createPages.CinterfaceNameTable.<clinit>(CinterfaceNameTable.java:8)[/ALIGN][ALIGN=center]

Is there an alternate way to specify 'java.library.path' in Eclipse?

Jim A.

I just did a search on setting 'java.library.path' and found this link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/957700/how-to-set-the-java-library-path-from-eclipse#958074

My apologies, I should have done that search first.

Jim A.

I took a look at the link above and found in one of the comments that to set 'java.library.path', the -D option must be passed as an argument to the JVM. I had passed it as a program argument. That makes sense and it works!

[Updated on: Fri, 16 March 2018 13:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:java.lang.NullPointerException LazyStackRenderer.showElementRecursive when changing perspectives
Next Topic:Eclipse Oxygen 4.7.2 unresponsive after update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:42:44 GMT 2024