Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » OPC UA Server Client(Can't Refresh timer when running automatically and can't use Raspberry GPIO when the value at output is true)
OPC UA Server Client [message #1783514] Tue, 13 March 2018 18:40 Go to next message
Anugerah Nuri Satria is currently offline Anugerah Nuri SatriaFriend
Dear Mr.Alois

My Undergraduate thesis looks for an analysis effect of difference of fb architecture to value of quality of services, its means that i make any program who have a different architecture like star, line and etc ( topology) , . I use OPC UA communication protocol,

I will ask, how to refresh the value of the timer, both timer on and time period? because i have some inputs when the program is running. The scheme which I use is the automotive industry that wants the flexibility of products like car body color in indystry 4.0 era. Therefore I should be able to run a program that can able two inputs while running and refresh the previous data. That scenario is describe in this image.

and second problem, when i try run this programs, at QX output "merah_0" has "TRUE" value in client, and i try to connect with raspi, but at gpio raspi can't switch on the lamp.
I use opc ua client and server to communicate all of them.
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1783562 is a reply to message #1783514] Wed, 14 March 2018 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
Hi,

when you say you want to refresh the value of timer, do you mean to change for example the T#10s on FB_TON?

Regarding the QX, have you initialized the function block? You can monitor the system and see what the value of the STATUS is after initialization and after a REQ event

Jose
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1783634 is a reply to message #1783562] Wed, 14 March 2018 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, for T#10s on FB_ON, i should refresh timer because another input started. It means that the timer must be running again.

also when I try to run program, Output QX has TRUE value, but when I connect this program to raspberry PI, gpio can't switch on the LED.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 March 2018 06:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1783669 is a reply to message #1783634] Thu, 15 March 2018 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

The FB_TON and most other FBs you are using in your application are ported standard IEC 61131-3 function blocks. they first require a regular invocation, in our case via the REQ event and then to get the intended behavior you need to follow the definitions for the fBs according to IEC 61311-3. For the TON that means that it delays any rising edge of its input. So for resetting the timer you need a falling edge of your boolean input.

May i also add that some of your functionality could also be quite easily be implemented using IEC 61499 basic function blocks. There you could take more advantage from the event based nature of IEC 61499.

Regarding you QX problem. As already pointed out by Jose you have not connected your init events. that means that the QX block is never initalized and therefore not able to write to the outputs. By enabling 4diac's monitoring feature you could see this on the output values of teh QX FB.
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1783708 is a reply to message #1783669] Fri, 16 March 2018 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Mr. Alois and Mr. Jose.
My case has been solved.

Regarding my bachelor thesis , I would like to ask you, is there any differences for difference (variations) function blocks when we create the function blocks program as I have attached?

My thesis examines the performance of OPC UA against differences architectural in function blocks, mapped through values of jitter latency and packet loss.
  • Attachment: 25862.jpg
    (Size: 67.31KB, Downloaded 99 times)
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1783738 is a reply to message #1783708] Fri, 16 March 2018 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If these FBs would all be within the same device there will no or not much difference. If it is over the network there I would expect differences. But the differences would also be influenced by the communication protocol. If you are using for example the default 4diac Etherent communication according to the "IEC 61499 Compliance Profile for Feasibility demonstrations" then Publish and subscribe would utilize UDP multicast. So in your top left case there would only one message be sent over the network while in all other setups more messages. If you take the current available OPC UA implementation there you have always point to point TCP connections between sever and client you would have in all cases 4 TCP messges be sent. This may change in the near future when OPC UA pub sub will be available.
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1783888 is a reply to message #1783738] Tue, 20 March 2018 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Mr. Alois

I use for 4 raspberry PI, and I should analyze quality of service for each architecture. like at image below.

the differences is located at signal divided from server input to client, the star topology devided the signal to all client direct.
and for line topology, the signal is direct from input function blocks server, so it have a many input function blocks like at the image.
and the last is combination between line and star.

Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1783966 is a reply to message #1783888] Tue, 20 March 2018 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Would you be able to publish your measurement results. I definitely would be interested in the results.
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1783976 is a reply to message #1783966] Wed, 21 March 2018 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Will share here if i have finished my bachelor thesis, thanks to you Mr. Alois
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1784394 is a reply to message #1783976] Tue, 27 March 2018 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Mr. Alois,

in my function blocks, i would like to use 1 raspberry to be a server and client together, the raspberry receive a value from another raspberry as a client, and share that value to other raspberry,
can we make something like that in opc ua? is it possible to assign it as opc ua server and client simultaneously ?
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1784396 is a reply to message #1784394] Tue, 27 March 2018 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for there are two function i need to make, the server receives data from other raspi for example raspi a, and the client sends data to raspi c
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1784433 is a reply to message #1784396] Tue, 27 March 2018 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi, as far as I was told from the implementers of our OPC UA support it sould work. But please have a look in the documentation form more details.
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1784436 is a reply to message #1784433] Wed, 28 March 2018 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of documentation should I take a look?
Re: OPC UA Server Client [message #1784475 is a reply to message #1784436] Wed, 28 March 2018 12:10 Go to previous message
Kirill Dorofeev is currently offline Kirill DorofeevFriend
Hi,
if I understand it correctly, it should work. Please, have a look here https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/documentation/html/communication/opc_ua.html
Previous Topic:FBRT pallet missing
Next Topic:Distributed application error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Mar 30 05:02:55 GMT 2024