Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to use Nd structure to store CompilationUnit and BindingResolver info?
How to use Nd structure to store CompilationUnit and BindingResolver info? [message #1783431] Tue, 13 March 2018 06:13 Go to next message
Federer Roger  is currently offline Federer Roger Friend
There is a final class Nd in package internal.search.core.nd. I want to know how to use this data structure to store generated CompilationUnit and corresponding BindingResolver information(Not Java Model). I get CU and BR using JDT-parser as a standalone application.
Re: How to use Nd structure to store CompilationUnit and BindingResolver info? [message #1783472 is a reply to message #1783431] Tue, 13 March 2018 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Package internal.search.core.nd holds the implementation of the "new index". Have you seen the documentation at https://wiki.eclipse.org/JDT_Core_Index_Programmer_Guide ?

Note, that I don't know if that implementation really fits your purpose, but if you want to try it, the above documentation should be the best entry point.
Re: How to use Nd structure to store CompilationUnit and BindingResolver info? [message #1790848 is a reply to message #1783472] Tue, 19 June 2018 03:45 Go to previous message
Federer Roger  is currently offline Federer Roger Friend
I have already read the java index design google doc. But I see the java indexer is based on java model. And I have few problems for that.

Is it possible to build a java index out of Eclipse-plug environment(for example just from a target source folder)? Because I see the Indexer use
ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace()
to scan the Eclipse workspace for initialization part. I want to know whether JDT provides other API to generate Indexer?
ASTParser provides two methods to build AST.
createASTs(ICompilationUnit[] compilationUnits, String[] bindingKeys, ASTRequestor requestor, IProgressMonitor monitor)
and
createASTs(String[] sourceFilePaths, String[] encodings, String[] bindingKeys,FileASTRequestor requestor, IProgressMonitor monitor)
my working environment is web application and that's why I hope Indexer can also have an alternative way to build like ASTParser. So I can use it as a standalone application instead of Eclipse-plugin application.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 June 2018 03:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to get internal.compiler ASTnodes from core.dom ASTnodes?
Next Topic:Update site for Target Management is down
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:35:15 GMT 2024