Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Basic way to create custom palettes(How to create custom palettes associated with custom profiles ?)
Basic way to create custom palettes [message #1783417] Mon, 12 March 2018 20:55 Go to next message
Romain Taprest is currently offline Romain TaprestFriend
Hello,

Maybe this is answered in a documentation but I really cannot find it, I'm sorry. Moreover, I don't know if my request is even possible. Thank you for informing me if it is not.

I am creating a Papyrus profile, where I define some new stereotypes like this one:

index.php/fa/32293/0/

Now, I would like to have a custom palette with this new stereotype inside. I want users using my profile to have a simplified palette when they create a new model. When editing a Block Diagram, they would only use my custom stereotypes, directly available in the palette.

I don't know where to start... Thank you for your help.

Here are the versions of my softwares:
* Eclipse Modeling Tools (Oxygen 4.7.2)
* Papyrus (3.3.0)
* Papyrus SysML 1.4 (1.1.0)
Re: Basic way to create custom palettes [message #1783563 is a reply to message #1783417] Wed, 14 March 2018 07:42 Go to previous message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

I was in your situation a few months ago. I advice you to check the following example which is very useful for beginners and particularly in your case the packages "newchild", "palette" and probably "architecture" too.

https://github.com/bmaggi/library-training

The steps are:
- Create a custom *.elementtypesconfiguration file for your new element (dervived from a metatype)
- Create a *.elementtypesconfiguration file for your graphical element (I think it is better to separate graphical and semantic elements like in the example).
- Create a *.paletteconfiguration file to define the new palette

HTH.

Yoann.

Previous Topic:Reading .emx model file
Next Topic:Papyrus 3.4 for the 21th May
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:54:43 GMT 2024