Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Key binding for "Display" in display view seems to be missing
Key binding for "Display" in display view seems to be missing [message #1783173] Thu, 08 March 2018 19:59 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I use the Display view in debugging quite often. I use the Ctrl+Shift+D shortcut for "Display" very often. For some reason, this binding has disappeared from the Display view.

When I view the context menu in the Display view, I see the following menu entries, along with their bindings:

* Inspect Ctrl+Shift+I
* Display
* Execute Ctrl+U
* Watch
* Force Return Alt+Shift+F
* and others ...

Curiously, when I inspect the "Keys" preferences, I see two entries for the function "Display", both with a binding of "Ctrl+Shift+D", and both in the "Run/Debug" Category. The only difference is in the "When" value, which is "Debugging Script" and "In Dialogs and Windows".

How can I get this binding back?
Re: Key binding for "Display" in display view seems to be missing [message #1783199 is a reply to message #1783173] Fri, 09 March 2018 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Can you try removing the binding from one or the other?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Key binding for "Display" in display view seems to be missing [message #1783252 is a reply to message #1783199] Fri, 09 March 2018 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried removing the binding for the "Debugging Script" when value, then restarted. No difference. I then tried removing the other binding, and then immediately checking the context menu. No change. I will try restarting to see if that makes any difference, but I think it won't. I will then try removing the last plugin I added, the "DBeaver" database manager plugin.
Re: Key binding for "Display" in display view seems to be missing [message #1783253 is a reply to message #1783252] Fri, 09 March 2018 16:50 Go to previous message
After I uninstalled DBeaver, I found it was still not there, but I concluded that it probably won't automatically create the binding after I had specifically removed it. When I went in to look at the keys bound to "Display", there were still two, both in the "Run/Debug" category, with no "When" value (I assume that functions with no key binding also have no "When" value). I then picked one of them and bound Ctrl+Shift+D to it, and now it's working.

I don't know whether removing DBeaver made it possible for this to work, or that I simply had to remove the binding, and then readd it.
Previous Topic:Filtering Specific Files from Validation
Next Topic:Setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:37:09 GMT 2024