Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Filtering Specific Files from Validation(Filtering Specific Files from Validation)
Filtering Specific Files from Validation [message #1783168] Thu, 08 March 2018 17:01 Go to next message
Eric Bresie is currently offline Eric BresieFriend
So, I am development an applicable with applicable java code and junit tests, one of which is written to account for proper handling of an invalid xml file. To test behavior I've created an intentionally invalid xml file (missing some matching tags) for use in the test.

However, when compiling the Java project, it shows an item in the "Problem" view relating to the invalid xml which falsely identifies the project to have problems.

My work around has been to find the item in the Problems and delete it manually which resolves things the indicator/problem marker, but was wondering if there was a better way to configure so that the manual deletion of the problem is not needed.

Assume I could turn of XML validation in some way, but then that prevents validation on for other XML which should be validated.

I thought maybe adding the file in some way to an ignore file might be another way, but (and maybe I'm in the wrong view) I don't seem to be able to add that broke xml file to the list.

I am using a Luna version for the moment, if maybe this is impacting the behavior.
Re: Filtering Specific Files from Validation [message #1783200 is a reply to message #1783168] Fri, 09 March 2018 06:49 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The XML->XML Files->Validation preference page controls what gets validated in your XML files. The main Validation preference page will let you control which files are validated, and by which validators. It also can be set in the project's Properties dialog directly.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Fri, 09 March 2018 06:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Using eclipse to perform own specific process
Next Topic:Key binding for "Display" in display view seems to be missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:56:16 GMT 2024