Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Launch FB separately without IDE
Launch FB separately without IDE [message #1783158] Thu, 08 March 2018 15:32 Go to next message
Alice Hu is currently offline Alice HuFriend
Hi,

I am a beginner in programming and I want to call FB in my solution in Visual Studio.

So, I was wondering is that possible if I launch FORTE, call FB and get data output in solution without the help of 4DIAC-IDE?

If it is possible? How to launch FB and get the output?

Thank you for your assistance!

Best Regards,
Alice
Re: Launch FB separately without IDE [message #1783159 is a reply to message #1783158] Thu, 08 March 2018 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

as our function blocks are in FORTe in the end just c++ classes it is in principle possible. you can write a small c++ program where you instantiate your FB and then invoke the receiveInputEvent method. Accesing the in and outputs is a little bit cumbersome.

However we have a FB testing infrastructure in C++ which you can find in the test directory. This helps you with that. You can have a look at the files in the tests/stdfblib/events directory to see some examples.

I hope this helps.

But definitly more convinient is the FB tester of the 4diac-ide.
Re: Launch FB separately without IDE [message #1783161 is a reply to message #1783159] Thu, 08 March 2018 15:53 Go to previous message
Alice Hu is currently offline Alice HuFriend
Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Your reply is really great insight for me.
I will come back to you if I have more questions.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Alice
Previous Topic:IPv6
Next Topic:Powerlink And IEC61499 FB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:58:57 GMT 2024