Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Temp Tables?(I need to use Temp Tables in BIRT Query - are they allowed or (more likely) am I doing something wrong?)
Temp Tables? [message #1783019] Tue, 06 March 2018 16:12
Jeff Stouse is currently offline Jeff StouseFriend
Thanks in advance!

I have to create a report where I need to group matters, but sort them by the matter that has the oldest service date. Now I can create a Temp Table that has the matters, with the corresponding oldest service date, and sort them by the oldest date, but I need to add that Oldest date back into the original table because it contains thirty or so other fields I need to display in the report.

So, I created an "oldest_Date" table which contains the matter ID (keyfield) and the oldest service date - just two fields.

I then created a "Temp_ABCData" table and altered the table to include a "Max_DOS" field and inserted the Oldest date from the "Oldest_Date" table's Oldest service date field into the "MAX_DOS" field. This table has the other fields necessary to complete the report.

No errors when I run it in SSMS, but when I run it in the BIRT query preview window I get the error: SQL Statement does not return a ResultSet: Cannot find the object "Temp_ABCData" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions."

So, can I use Temp tables? If so, what am I doing wrong. If I can't then what?

Again, thanks for any help - first time trying to use Temp tables - and in BIRT.
Previous Topic:java-php-bridge question
Next Topic:How to broaden bars in chart in BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:09:58 GMT 2024