Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Facing Errors with CISCO EST server(PKI client is unable to connect to CISCO EST Server)
Facing Errors with CISCO EST server [message #1782938] Mon, 05 March 2018 13:40 Go to next message
Siddalinga Swamy is currently offline Siddalinga SwamyFriend
Hi,

Am working on CISCO EST server application which is there in github https://github.com/cisco/libest .

We have a PKI client which is trying to connect to EST server "runserver.sh" which is running on local host and listening on port 8085. In this process we are working from many days and getting some errors which are listed below:

1. When I give server address as https://127.0.0.1/.well-known/est , am getting "PKI Networking interface connect and send request operation failed" error because client is unable connect to EST server using TCP connection. (port number 8085 is also given). What's the problem here?

2. We cannot capture signals in localhost using Wireshark tool, so we are using linux command "sudo ssldump -i lo port 8085". Here we can see 'Client Hello' with cipher suites many times but EST server is not responding with "Server Hello". Why server is not responding to client hello ?

3. When Server is running, I run command "sudo ssldump -i lo port 8085" to see preferred cipher suite by Server. But preferred cipher suite list is empty. Why ?

4. In RFC7030, it is said that EST uses TLS1.1 with mandatory cipher suite TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA. So in both Client and Server we set this TLS version and above version, still facing same problem.

5. One more important thing is we are using CURL library in our client not openSSL. Is this a reason for error what we are getting??
Re: Facing Errors with CISCO EST server [message #1782948 is a reply to message #1782938] Mon, 05 March 2018 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
This forum is for Eclipse/CDT related problems.
It;s not clear how your post is related to CDT.
It also appears you are asking us to debug your program.

We can help if you have a CDT issue but you'll have to ask elsewhere for help with your code.

If it's a CDT issue please be more specific why you think it is.
Re: Facing Errors with CISCO EST server [message #1782980 is a reply to message #1782948] Tue, 06 March 2018 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this may not be related to CDT issue but my client code is in Eclipse IDE written in C language.

Can you specify me on which forum i may ask this question?
Re: Facing Errors with CISCO EST server [message #1782981 is a reply to message #1782980] Tue, 06 March 2018 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Maybe stackoverflow.com.
There might be a community forum devoted to it. Try: https://supportforums.cisco.com/
The github site ends with: "Please direct questions/comments to est-interest@external.cisco.com"
Re: Facing Errors with CISCO EST server [message #1783034 is a reply to message #1782981] Wed, 07 March 2018 03:54 Go to previous message
I have asked questions in all those forums and waiting for answer
Previous Topic:After importing projects to new system: Program file does not exist
Next Topic:CDT Language Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:56:38 GMT 2024