Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » MQTT message not writing to asset
MQTT message not writing to asset [message #1782860] Fri, 02 March 2018 15:42 Go to next message
Alessandro Tagliapietra is currently offline Alessandro TagliapietraFriend
In the wires section we've setup a subscribe that's connected to an asset and a logger.

When I send a json like `{metrics:{var: value}}`in /var/log/kura.log I see the logger outputs the WireEnvelope with my metrics but even if the asset has the variable with the same name in READ_WRITE or WRITE it doesn't change.

If I connect the asset to the logger as well and the variable is in READ_WRITE mode it outputs another WireEnvelope with the same variable with the unchanged value.

Is there anything wrong with the request?
Re: MQTT message not writing to asset [message #1783393 is a reply to message #1782860] Mon, 12 March 2018 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Does the type match?

If I'm not wrong, both the name and the type are compared when a value needs to be written to an asset.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: MQTT message not writing to asset [message #1783396 is a reply to message #1783393] Mon, 12 March 2018 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alessandro Tagliapietra is currently offline Alessandro TagliapietraFriend
Matteo Maiero wrote on Mon, 12 March 2018 15:00
Does the type match?

If I'm not wrong, both the name and the type are compared when a value needs to be written to an asset.

It should, it was set to float and I was sending a decimal via JSON, is there an example somewhere just to test the same values/types as the example?
Re: MQTT message not writing to asset [message #1783535 is a reply to message #1783396] Tue, 13 March 2018 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Which example are you referring to?
It could be that the Typed value of the value returned by the subscriber do not match the one expected by your asset.
If possible, I would suggest to have a try first with the Kura Payload and see if it works as expected.
Best regards,
Matteo
Re: MQTT message not writing to asset [message #1786561 is a reply to message #1782860] Mon, 07 May 2018 09:02 Go to previous message
Michele Palestini is currently offline Michele PalestiniFriend
I'm having the same issue. Any news regarding this topic?
Previous Topic:Issues with GPIO connection Kura/Eclipse
Next Topic:Driver OPC UA and arrays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:19:47 GMT 2024