Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Missing src and xtend-gen source folders in xtext some projects
Missing src and xtend-gen source folders in xtext some projects [message #1782836] Fri, 02 March 2018 11:11 Go to next message
Márcio Koch is currently offline Márcio KochFriend
Oi guys
I have a xtext project working fine locally. But when I push this project to the git and other developer pull this project from git, the project mydsl.ide are missing required source folders "src" and "xtend-gen", and the project mydsl.tests have this two source folders, but the Eclipse Problems window teels that they are missing. I already compared my local and remote projects, and they seem be equal.
Note: at the first push a had some .gitignore: .classpath, .project, .settings/, target/, bin/, xtend-gen/ and src-gen/.
Now I already removed all this ignored entries an pushed the new files, but it still don't work.
I'm using xtext version 2.10.0.
I appreciate any tips.
Re: Missing src and xtend-gen source folders in xtext some projects [message #1782837 is a reply to message #1782836] Fri, 02 March 2018 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
did you commit these folders empty? did you run workflow after import?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Missing src and xtend-gen source folders in xtext some projects [message #1782847 is a reply to message #1782837] Fri, 02 March 2018 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The missing xtend-gen should go away automatically when the project next builds. Perhaps you haven't checked the .project file into GIT. If you have no Xtend files then eliminate all redundant xtend-gen references.

The missing src is more worrying. If you really have no source files then make sure you really eliminate all traces of the src directory. If you have source files then Eclipse is in a wierd state so just try cleaning and restarting. If src files are auto-generated, you may want to have a dummy file in the source tree to avoid GUIT pruning the 'redundant' directory.

I find that changing GIT commits reacts badly with the Eclipse and Xtext incremental builders which start rebuilding long before GIT has finished changing. Perhaps you just need an Eclipse restart, clean and rebuild. You might want to try switching off auto-build while changing GIT commits.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Missing src and xtend-gen source folders in xtext some projects [message #1782848 is a reply to message #1782836] Fri, 02 March 2018 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

You can lower the severity of build path problems to warning:
- Java / Compiler / Building / Build Path Problems / Incomplete Build Path => Warning
Or check in an empty file into that folders (I use usually '.gitkeep' as file name)

Note that Git cannot handle empty folders and you are ignoring src-gen and xtend-gen. Actually often I do the same, while changing the build path problem severity.
Re: Missing src and xtend-gen source folders in xtext some projects [message #1782868 is a reply to message #1782848] Fri, 02 March 2018 17:02 Go to previous message
Márcio Koch is currently offline Márcio KochFriend
Both solutions worked fine for me: "Incomplete Build Path as Warning" as ".gitkeep".

Thank you very much.
Previous Topic:Xtext Editor as SWT widget
Next Topic:cross-references in grammar.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:07:10 GMT 2024