Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Delete .metadata while running headless exe
Delete .metadata while running headless exe [message #1782761] Thu, 01 March 2018 06:40 Go to next message
Gaurav Tripathi is currently offline Gaurav TripathiFriend
Hi,

I have a situation where we do not want .metadata to be present within a workspace.
Every time I click on headless exe, .metadata is created which is needless for me.

Does anyone know how to restrict the creation of .metadata or anything related?
Re: Delete .metadata while running headless exe [message #1782780 is a reply to message #1782761] Thu, 01 March 2018 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naveen  R is currently offline Naveen RFriend
You can use the -data @none argument to a headless RCP to specify that no workspace should be created. You can also set the environment variable osgi.instance.area=@none for this.

See the Eclipse runtime options help for more details.

for headless plugin creation please refer the below link
https://wiki.sei.cmu.edu/aadl/index.php/Creating_Headless_(Command_Line)_Plugins

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2018 12:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Delete .metadata while running headless exe [message #1782815 is a reply to message #1782761] Thu, 01 March 2018 19:24 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
See the "Locations" section on the Eclipse runtime options page. You should be able to set the instance location (aka the workspace) to `@none`. From the command-line, try with `-data @none`.
Previous Topic:Contributing to the Platform/UI fails with missing org.apache.batik.i18n
Next Topic:ILaunchManager: plans to expose importConfigurations() ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:19:12 GMT 2024