Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » info lost in file conversion (vcf)(vcf file only has first 100 lines)
info lost in file conversion (vcf) [message #1782680] Tue, 27 February 2018 20:03 Go to next message
Alex B is currently offline Alex BFriend
I have some data in an excel file that is several thousands of lines long but I have a vcf file that I think was made from the excel file by someone else that is only 100 lines long. When I realized the vcf file did not contain most of the information I tried converting the excel file to vcf. Doing this directly gave a corrupt file that contained long strings of nonsense characters.
Converting to from excel to csv to vcf again only gave the first 100 lines. Can eclipse only view the first 100 lines of a vcf file? Or was all that information really lost in the conversion?
I am running windows 10. Eclipse version Oxygen. I need to manipulate the vcf file with the plugin NGSEP but I don't think that matters for my problem.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thanks!

Alex
Re: info lost in file conversion (vcf) [message #1782691 is a reply to message #1782680] Tue, 27 February 2018 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I think you'll want to talk with whomever supplies this "NGSEP" plug-in.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: info lost in file conversion (vcf) [message #1782692 is a reply to message #1782691] Tue, 27 February 2018 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex B is currently offline Alex BFriend
Sorry. I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining. I probably shouldn't have mentioned NGSEP at all. I didn't use NGSEP yet but I need the file to be in VCF format because I will use NGSEP and that is the only file type it accepts.

My question is how to convert an Excel file to a VCF file without losing any information?
Re: info lost in file conversion (vcf) [message #1851091 is a reply to message #1782692] Sun, 27 March 2022 21:17 Go to previous message
toem nike is currently offline toem nikeFriend
In Excel, go to File > Open, and select All Files. Find your document and select it. Then, at that point, track with the Text Import Wizard, and your VCF document will show in Excel.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 September 2023 13:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Windows on Eclipse: "Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
Next Topic:Developer Issue with eclipse Neon IDE delivering log4j 1.2.15 version which is vulnerability
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:51:22 GMT 2024