Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Editor windows relocating themselves
Editor windows relocating themselves [message #1782594] Mon, 26 February 2018 23:47 Go to next message
Joe Ambrowiak is currently offline Joe AmbrowiakFriend
I'm running Eclipse Neon 4.6.3 on MacOS 10.2.6, using a multiple monitor display.

I keep Eclipse at full screen size on my primary monitor. (Not maximized, just stretched to fill up the screen.) I wish to have a couple other files open for quick visibility. So I drag the files out of the editor, and they're now in their own windows that I can move freely. Everything's great.

However, after an inconsistent amount of time (generally in the range of 30 seconds to 2 minutes), those external windows teleport to the monitor where the main Eclipse window is and obscure it. This happens with no interaction on my part; I can be sitting and watching the screen and it happens.

Why is this happening? Can I prevent those windows from moving on their own? I tried navigating the preferences menu and didn't see anything about autonomous window teleportation.

Thanks.

Edit: Upon further investigation, the window teleportation seems to happen whenever Eclipse displays tooltips or code completion popups. It may also appear in other situations, but it always happens in those.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2018 01:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Editor windows relocating themselves [message #1831678 is a reply to message #1782594] Wed, 26 August 2020 13:12 Go to previous message
Ismo PeltonenFriend
Happens with Eclipse 2020-06 (4.16.0) on macOS 10.14.6 as well.
Previous Topic:Update Site for an Eclipse plugin project
Next Topic:Java couldn't be found....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:23:50 GMT 2024