Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform(How to setup an environment to enable debugging and compiling the Eclipse platform)
Setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform [message #1782395] Thu, 22 February 2018 16:32 Go to next message
Per Wallberg is currently offline Per WallbergFriend
I've used the Eclipse platform for many years and now I want to contribute to the Eclipse platform.

Where can I find a short description of how to setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform together with my own RCP applications?

As to start with I just need a local copy of the Eclipse platform source code (which I believe is open source) and a description of how to setup an appropiate environment to let me debug and patch locally. Then when I see that I've patches that seems to solve real problems I could take the next step and publish them in Bugzilla.
Re: Setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform [message #1783140 is a reply to message #1782395] Thu, 08 March 2018 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Per Wallberg is currently offline Per WallbergFriend
[quote title=Per Wallberg wrote on Thu, 22 February 2018 16:32]I've used the Eclipse platform for many years and now I want to contribute to the Eclipse platform.

1)
Where can I find a short description of how to setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform together with my own RCP applications?

2)
How to get access to the Eclipse platform open source? I just want a local copy to start practising make my own patches.
Re: Setup an environment to debug and compile the Eclipse platform [message #1783255 is a reply to message #1783140] Fri, 09 March 2018 17:13 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
There are some resources available at https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/

You may also want to ask the question on the Eclipse Platform forum group: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/11/
Previous Topic:Key binding for "Display" in display view seems to be missing
Next Topic:Eclipse started over X remote comes up minimized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:17:20 GMT 2024