Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Model Driven Health Tools » FHIR UML
FHIR UML [message #1782320] Wed, 21 February 2018 17:04 Go to next message
Michael Faughn is currently offline Michael FaughnFriend
I am interested in the UML for FHIR. I tried to install the MDHT but ran into problems. If there is a way to get that without installing the entire MDHT then that might be interesting. I am a NIST contractor. I am working on 11073:10201 (the information model) and making device profiling tools that describe devices in terms of IEEE 11073. The standard is expressed as UML and I programmatically generating many of the tools and artifacts related to the standard from that UML. Naturally, there is an interest in mapping between 11073 and FHIR. Having UML for FHIR will be valuable to us. I could create the UML myself but if it has been done already then I'd love to leverage that.

I am very interested in how the UML for FHIR (in the MDHT) was created. Was it done programmatically? Can the UML elements can be traced to elements of the FHIR standard? What is the means for verifying the correctness of the UML?

My colleague and I both tried to install the tools using the directions found in the downloads section of the eclipse MDHT site . We both got the same error during installation. The stack trace from the install tool is copied into the attached file. I do seem to be able to download the resource that appears to have been unresolvable by the installer from sourceforge manually so I don't know why there is a problem. It has been quite a while since I used eclipse regularly so finding a solution on my own is going to be pretty resource intensive. Any assistance would be welcome.

Thanks,
Michael Faughn
Prometheus Computing, LLC
Re: FHIR UML [message #1782324 is a reply to message #1782320] Wed, 21 February 2018 21:38 Go to previous message
Sean Muir is currently offline Sean MuirFriend
Hello - Be happy to discuss the state of the FHIR UML approach - first a couple of things - your error message Gateway Timeout': http://oht-modeling.sourceforge.net/ is one of two things
1 - source forge is acting up again - it was down last week and was still having some issues with other users as soon as yesterday -
2 - your bandwidth or network security is causing issues -we have had that in the past when installing using gov networks on gov machines

i have not created a specific fhir setup - i can if you are using the eclipse installer

As for the UML itself - it is imported from the releases - we have versions running around of DSTU2, STU3 and STU4; as far as correctness and tracing - it is a representation of the FHIR "spec" in uml and can be used to generate EMF to read and write content so to that extent it is correct

we have other mapping approaches that might be of use so perhaps a meeting would be beneficial

but from your description - you want to transform from 11073:10201 UML to MDHT FHIR UML to generate the corresponding fhir definitions etc; correct ?

just send an email directly to me if you would like to discuss in a meeting

thanks

sean

Previous Topic:how to generate CDA document using eclipse
Next Topic:Cancer Event Report CDA document Template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:40:44 GMT 2024