Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Kapua » kapua connection(how to connect to kapua using raspberry pi 3)
kapua connection [message #1782308] Wed, 21 February 2018 15:10 Go to next message
Ahmad Arif is currently offline Ahmad ArifFriend
Hi all,

I am facing some issues regarding Kapua connection. I am using Raspbian on raspberry pi 3. I have installed MQTT client on my system. when I run the following commands on my terminal the connection is successfully established but it does not send any message.

For publish: sudo mosquitto_pub -h "IPaddress " -p "Port" -t "topic" -m "message" -u "user-name" -P "user-pass" -i "client-id"

For subscribe: sudo mosquitto_sub -h "IPaddress " -p "Port" -t "topic" -u "user-name" -P "user-pass" -i "client-id"

When I do the same for localhost it does send the message. I am using two different terminals to publish and subscribe.

Note: Kapua is also installed on the same network.

Is there any method to send a message to Kapua using MQTT in the terminal. Kindly help me regarding this issue.

Kind Regards,
Ahmad Arif
Re: kapua connection [message #1808761 is a reply to message #1782308] Mon, 01 July 2019 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alberto Codutti is currently offline Alberto CoduttiFriend
Hi Ahmad,

by default a user with only broker:connect permission can read and write only on topics that starts with:

{account-name}/{client-id}/

To make clients communicate each other you need to provide more permissions to the user.
Adding `data:manage` allows a client to read and write on topics that starts with:

{account-name}/

Regards,

- Alberto
Re: kapua connection [message #1808762 is a reply to message #1782308] Mon, 01 July 2019 10:00 Go to previous message
Alberto Codutti is currently offline Alberto CoduttiFriend
Hi Ahmad,

by default a user with only broker:connect permission can read and write only on topics that starts with:

{account-name}/{client-id}/

To make clients communicate each other you need to provide more permissions to the user.
Adding `data:manage` allows a client to read and write on topics that starts with:

{account-name}/

Regards,

- Alberto
Previous Topic:MySQL integration for telemetry data.
Next Topic:Kura connection to Kapua over LTE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:17:01 GMT 2024