Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » 3.x to 4.x migration confirmation
3.x to 4.x migration confirmation [message #1782286] Wed, 21 February 2018 10:18 Go to next message
Terabyte Mising name is currently offline Terabyte Mising nameFriend
I am trying to perform a soft migration from 3.x to 4.x, my understanding as per much documentation is that the first step for a feature based product is to add
- org.eclipse.emf.common
- org.eclipse.emf.ecore
- org.eclipse.rcp

First two are added fine, however when I go to add org.eclipse.rcp from the drop down box it doesn't appear.

Three questions:
- Why can't I add the rcp dependency? Is it already there? If so how do I confirm this?
- How can I confirm that the 4.x platform is now available or that the attempted upgrade was successful. Is there some environment variable or setting that says "yes you are now in compatibility mode"?
- Is there a need to remove dependencies from my project? (for example I should remove abc 3.x dependency?)

Kind regards.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 February 2018 10:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 3.x to 4.x migration confirmation [message #1782321 is a reply to message #1782286] Wed, 21 February 2018 18:29 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
You shouldn't need the org.eclipse.emf.* features: they will be pulled in by org.eclipse.e4. org.eclipse.rcp should be all you need, in addition to your own features.

If you can't see org.eclipse.rcp, it suggests that your target platform may not be quite right. You can use Ctrl-Shift-A (Open Plug-in Artifact) and type org.eclipse.rcp and see if the feature appears.

How can you tell if you're on 4.x? See if you have bundles prefixed with org.eclipse.e4.*.

Brian.
Previous Topic:ExpandItem
Next Topic:How do i get source path with my plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:38:06 GMT 2024