Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Find the best Algo and options for my graph
Find the best Algo and options for my graph [message #1782184] Tue, 20 February 2018 09:57 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I need help to find best options and layout algorithm for my case .
I have a graph like this :

index.php/fa/32138/0/

I get this bad result with force layout algorithm.

and i want to get a result like this to reduce edge cross and overlap :

index.php/fa/32139/0/

could you help me for this ?

Regards
Re: Find the best Algo and options for my graph [message #1782186 is a reply to message #1782184] Tue, 20 February 2018 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Our layout algorithms won't give you the exact kind of result as in your example. Perhaps you could give us a little more context as to what these diagrams actually represent so we can find an alternative layout that our algorithms can supply?
Re: Find the best Algo and options for my graph [message #1782192 is a reply to message #1782186] Tue, 20 February 2018 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
i know that algorithms won't give exact result but i don't undestrand why edges length are not "optimal"

ex : why "1099" node circle is in top of "Java" node and not between "Java" and "plae-dl1" node?

relations are like this :

plae-dl1 --> "1099" --> java
and
plae-dl1 --> java
Re: Find the best Algo and options for my graph [message #1782211 is a reply to message #1782192] Tue, 20 February 2018 13:19 Go to previous message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
One of the main problems in your graph are edges that transcend hierarchy boundaries. That is, an edge incident to one of the circles is not necessarily connected to one of the circle's siblings, but instead to nodes contained in one of the siblings. ELK Layered can in fact handle that case if you activate [i]hierarchy mode[i]: simply set the layout option LayeredOptions.HIERARCHY_HANDLING to HierarchyHandling.INCLUDE_CHILDREN on the outermost node.
Previous Topic:Support for complex edge labels
Next Topic:Graphiti Connection and ChopboxAnchros
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:18:47 GMT 2024