Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Eclipse RAP and sticky sessions
Eclipse RAP and sticky sessions [message #1782009] Thu, 15 February 2018 22:14 Go to next message
Mark Proe is currently offline Mark ProeFriend
Hello,

According to this documentation, RAP requires sticky sessions to run on a load balancer:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/RWT_Cluster#Introduction

My question: Is it the RAP runtime as a whole that requires sticky sessions here? Or is it only particular parts of RAP (e.g. the workbench) that require sticky sessions? In other words, if I were have a simplistic RWT dialog and nothing more, would that still require sticky sessions to run on a load balancer?

I'm just trying to understand if there are any components of RAP can that run on a load balancer without sticky sessions (since those are not allowed on my deployment), or if it is all or nothing.

Thanks,
Mark
Re: Eclipse RAP and sticky sessions [message #1782118 is a reply to message #1782009] Sun, 18 February 2018 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
If you run in SWT_COMPATIBILITY mode, you must use sticky sessions, as the session requires its own thread. Threads can not be shared between JVM's
Re: Eclipse RAP and sticky sessions [message #1782218 is a reply to message #1782118] Tue, 20 February 2018 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Proe is currently offline Mark ProeFriend
Chris,

How do I know whether my application is running in SWT_COMPATIBILITY mode?

We are using Eclipse RAP 2.3 (Luna), if that matters.

Thanks,
Mark
Re: Eclipse RAP and sticky sessions [message #1782249 is a reply to message #1782218] Tue, 20 February 2018 21:38 Go to previous message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
If you ever call Display#sleep or run the Eclipse Workbench, you're in SWT_COMPATIBILITY mode, as that method throws an exception in JEE mode

Here's some documentation:
https://www.eclipse.org/rap/developers-guide/devguide.php?topic=application-setup.html&version=2.3
Previous Topic: I worked on multiple languages. It works well in development environment.
Next Topic:EclipseRAP Babel project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:08:52 GMT 2024