Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Custom QualifiedNameProvider Problems(mplementing my own QualifiedNameProvider to reference model elements without a name attribute for cross-referencing)
Custom QualifiedNameProvider Problems [message #1781838] Tue, 13 February 2018 19:20 Go to next message
Mathieu Boucher is currently offline Mathieu BoucherFriend
Hello,

I'm having trouble with using and implementing my own QualifiedNameProvider to reference model elements without a name attribute for cross-referencing. I have looked online for resources (I can't post them apparently), but I am still stuck after two days of tryng to find the bug. I tried to simplify the problem as best I can to facilitate debugging. Hopefully, you can help me.

First off, the grammar:

grammar org.xtext.example.mydsl2.M[img]index.php/fa/32086/0/[/img]yDsl with org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals

generate myDsl "can't post URI in a topic apparently"

Model:
	(components+=Component | gates+=Gate)*
	(connections += Connection)*
	(interactions+=Interaction)*
;

Component:
	'component' name=ID ';'
;

Gate:
	'gate' name=ID ';'
;

Connection:
	'connect' gateReferences+=GateReference 'to' gateReferences+=GateReference ';'
;

GateReference:
	component=[Component] '.' gate=[Gate]
;

Interaction:
	source=[GateReference] 'sends' value=INT 'to' target=[GateReference] ';'
;

Now, the example and its corresponding errors:
component c1;
component c2;
gate g1;

connect c1.g1 to c2.g1; //2 errors: "Couldn't resolve reference to Component 'c1'" and "Couldn't resolve reference to Component 'c2'.""

c1.g1 sends 5 to c2.g1; //2 errors: "Couldn't resolve reference to GateReference 'c1'" and "Couldn't resolve reference to GateReference 'c2'"

Moreover, in the textual connection specification, it underlines the errors above, but suggests exactly those same names as quick fixes. See attached image for more information.

index.php/fa/32086/0/

To fix the problem, I would like to reference a GateReference in an interaction with the following following name : componentName.gateName
To go about this, I tried defining my own QualifiedNameProvider, shown below:

package org.xtext.example.mydsl2.scoping;

import org.eclipse.xtext.naming.DefaultDeclarativeQualifiedNameProvider;
import org.eclipse.xtext.naming.QualifiedName;
import org.xtext.example.mydsl2.myDsl.GateReference;

public class MyQNProvider extends DefaultDeclarativeQualifiedNameProvider {

protected QualifiedName qualifiedName(GateReference gateReference) {		
		return QualifiedName.create(gateReference.getComponent().getName(), gateReference.getGate().getName());		
	}
}

Updated the RuntimeModule as well:
package org.xtext.example.mydsl2;

import org.eclipse.xtext.naming.IQualifiedNameProvider;
import org.xtext.example.mydsl2.scoping.MyQNProvider;

/**
 * Use this class to register components to be used at runtime / without the Equinox extension registry.
 */
public class MyDslRuntimeModule extends AbstractMyDslRuntimeModule {
		public Class<? extends IQualifiedNameProvider> bindIQualifiedNameProvider() {
		return MyQNProvider.class;
	}
}

I implemented a scope for the elements to see if that was part of the problem:
/*
 * generated by Xtext 2.12.0
 */
package org.xtext.example.mydsl2.scoping;

import java.util.List;

import org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject;
import org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EReference;
import org.eclipse.xtext.EcoreUtil2;
import org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.IScope;
import org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.Scopes;
import org.xtext.example.mydsl2.myDsl.GateReference;
import org.xtext.example.mydsl2.myDsl.MyDslPackage;

import com.google.inject.Inject;

/**
 * This class contains custom scoping description.
 * See https://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/documentation/303_runtime_concepts.html#scoping
 * on how and when to use it.
 */
public class MyDslScopeProvider extends AbstractMyDslScopeProvider {

@Inject
	MyQNProvider nameProvider;

@Override
	public IScope getScope(EObject context, EReference reference) {		
		if (context instanceof GateReference && 
				reference == MyDslPackage.Literals.INTERACTION__SOURCE) {
			EObject root =  EcoreUtil2.getRootContainer(context);
			return Scopes.scopeFor(EcoreUtil2.getAllContentsOfType(root, GateReference.class), nameProvider, IScope.NULLSCOPE);
		}
		return super.getScope(context, reference);
	}
}

Alas, the code shown above doesn't work. I also receive this worker error:

2238 [Worker-1] ERROR org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource  - Cyclic resolution of lazy links : GateReference.component->GateReference.component in resource 'platform:/resource/testProject/src/src_gen/test.mydsl2'.
org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource$CyclicLinkingException: Cyclic resolution of lazy links : GateReference.component->GateReference.component in resource 'platform:/resource/testProject/src/src_gen/test.mydsl2'.
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.handleCyclicResolution(LazyLinkingResource.java:302)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.getEObject(LazyLinkingResource.java:240)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.getEObject(LazyLinkingResource.java:222)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getEObject(ResourceSetImpl.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.resolve(EcoreUtil.java:201)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.resolve(EcoreUtil.java:261)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eResolveProxy(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1477)
	at org.xtext.example.mydsl2.myDsl.impl.GateReferenceImpl.getComponent(GateReferenceImpl.java:86)
	at org.xtext.example.mydsl2.scoping.MyQNProvider.qualifiedName(MyQNProvider.java:10)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor40.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:302)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.naming.DefaultDeclarativeQualifiedNameProvider$2.get(DefaultDeclarativeQualifiedNameProvider.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.naming.DefaultDeclarativeQualifiedNameProvider$2.get(DefaultDeclarativeQualifiedNameProvider.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.OnChangeEvictingCache.get(OnChangeEvictingCache.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.naming.DefaultDeclarativeQualifiedNameProvider.getFullyQualifiedName(DefaultDeclarativeQualifiedNameProvider.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.naming.IQualifiedNameProvider$AbstractImpl.apply(IQualifiedNameProvider.java:32)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.naming.IQualifiedNameProvider$AbstractImpl.apply(IQualifiedNameProvider.java:29)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.Scopes$2.apply(Scopes.java:93)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.Scopes$2.apply(Scopes.java:90)
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.transform(Iterators.java:750)
	at com.google.common.collect.TransformedIterator.next(TransformedIterator.java:47)
	at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$6.computeNext(Iterators.java:616)
	at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:145)
	at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:140)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.MultimapBasedSelectable.setExportedObjects(MultimapBasedSelectable.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.MultimapBasedSelectable.<init>(MultimapBasedSelectable.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.internalGetAllDescriptions(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider$2.get(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider$2.get(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:227)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.OnChangeEvictingCache.get(OnChangeEvictingCache.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getAllDescriptions(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:227)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getResourceScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getResourceScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:97)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.getScope(ImportedNamespaceAwareLocalScopeProvider.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.DelegatingScopeProvider.delegateGetScope(DelegatingScopeProvider.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.scoping.impl.DelegatingScopeProvider.getScope(DelegatingScopeProvider.java:38)
	at org.xtext.example.mydsl2.scoping.MyDslScopeProvider.getScope(MyDslScopeProvider.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.impl.DefaultLinkingService.getScope(DefaultLinkingService.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.impl.DefaultLinkingService.getLinkedObjects(DefaultLinkingService.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.getEObject(LazyLinkingResource.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.getEObject(LazyLinkingResource.java:222)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.doResolveLazyCrossReference(LazyLinkingResource.java:189)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.resolveLazyCrossReference(LazyLinkingResource.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.resolveLazyCrossReferences(LazyLinkingResource.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.EcoreUtil2.resolveLazyCrossReferences(EcoreUtil2.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.postParse(XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.java:175)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.doReconcile(XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.java:153)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.reconcile(XtextDocumentReconcileStrategy.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler.doRun(XtextReconciler.java:449)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler.access$3(XtextReconciler.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler$1.process(XtextReconciler.java:363)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler$1.process(XtextReconciler.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.concurrent.IUnitOfWork$Void.exec(IUnitOfWork.java:37)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.OutdatedStateManager.exec(OutdatedStateManager.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.model.XtextDocument$XtextDocumentLocker.modify(XtextDocument.java:428)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.model.XtextDocument.internalModify(XtextDocument.java:162)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.reconciler.XtextReconciler.run(XtextReconciler.java:360)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)

A note: in my original project, I'm importing an ecore model and am not allowed to change it in any way. I'm quite limited in terms of allowable grammar specifications, so if is possible to
fix the problem without changing the grammar, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

Mathieu
  • Attachment: error1.png
    (Size: 9.46KB, Downloaded 198 times)
Re: Custom QualifiedNameProvider Problems [message #1782232 is a reply to message #1781838] Tue, 20 February 2018 19:14 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

you need to use nodemodelutils to obtain the text for the reference inside the name provider

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1384015/?srch=nodemodelutils+defaultdeclarativequalifiednameprovider#msg_1384015

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Using indent for more than one level of indentation
Next Topic:Cross referencing in xtext
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:35:41 GMT 2024