Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Additional configuration for "Eclipse Application under Test"(using multiple framework hooks and extensions in Eclipse Application under Test )
Additional configuration for "Eclipse Application under Test" [message #1781763] Tue, 13 February 2018 07:23 Go to next message
Peter Kirschner is currently offline Peter KirschnerFriend

We want to use RCPTT with a product that already uses multiple framework hooks (AspectJ and XSLTransforms). The transforms are heavily used to modify/hide the Eclipse Default UI.

When we compare the launches of the Product itself with the "Eclipse Application under Test" we see some significant differences, which cause serious issues in the launched product. The transform hook is gone.
Details of the 2 different launches are in the attached configurations stored from the running instances inside text files. Diff is as most important difference the following properties:
osgi.bundles
osgi.framework.extensions
osgi.frameworkClassPath

My questions are:
Can I influence the launch behaviour of RCPTT "Eclipse Application under Test"?
What would be the best way to enable configuration of the properties, mentioned above.
Is there a way to specifiy, which hooks in which versions to use?
Can I update the 3rd party dependencies used for the RCPTT launches (e.g. the emf bundles - cause we use newer versions?)

Any help or hint is highly appreciated.
Re: Additional configuration for "Eclipse Application under Test" [message #1782634 is a reply to message #1781763] Tue, 27 February 2018 09:59 Go to previous message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Peter,
> Can I influence the launch behaviour of RCPTT "Eclipse Application under Test"?
> What would be the best way to enable configuration of the properties, mentioned above.
> Is there a way to specifiy, which hooks in which versions to use?
Have you tried to add transforms hook to the osgi.extensions vm argument on the 'Arguments' tab?
-Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.equinox.transforms.hook,org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hook

And include in to the launch configuration on the 'Plugins' tab with auto-start: true and start level: 1?

> Can I update the 3rd party dependencies used for the RCPTT launches (e.g. the emf bundles - cause we use newer versions?)
For emf bundles, you can try to update it (RCPTT plugins aren't depended to specific emf bundle version), but a compatibility of the newer EMF versions with RCPTT wasn't tested
Previous Topic:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Next Topic:Method not found with invoke-static call
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:26:53 GMT 2024