Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Build xtext with maven(Modify Xtext source code and build it)
Build xtext with maven [message #1781654] Sun, 11 February 2018 02:36 Go to next message
zhang ph is currently offline zhang phFriend
Hi
Recently, I modified the Xtext source code(version is 2.10). and then I want to use maven to build it. But when I execute "mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true" in the directory of '${Xtext_dir}/maven/org.eclipse.xtext.parent/' I find that the generated packges are installed to directory of '.m2/repository/org/eclipse/xtext/' instead of '.m2/repository/p2/osgi/bundle/'. But when I call the modified method in other projects(Like Sirius project), the build process fails. Then I debug the process, I find it use the use the packages in ".m2/repository/p2/osgi/bundle/", so my modification is unavailable.
Anyone could help me solve the problem?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Build xtext with maven [message #1781657 is a reply to message #1781654] Sun, 11 February 2018 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Xtext 210 is quite old so I cannot support you with building it

Anyway. You mix up two things.

(1) building single plugins and installing them to a maven repo
(2) building a p2 repository and make it consumable and actually consume it from another p2 build
That you are not doing is (2)

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Build xtext with maven [message #1781658 is a reply to message #1781657] Sun, 11 February 2018 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zhang ph is currently offline zhang phFriend
Quote:
(2) building a p2 repository and make it consumable and actually consume it from another p2 build

Sorry to tell you that I am a newer to maven&tycho, so could you give me any suggestion about how can do that ?
Re: Build xtext with maven [message #1781660 is a reply to message #1781658] Sun, 11 February 2018 09:00 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
if xtext 2.10 uses tycho to build the repositories look out for a project with packaging <packaging>eclipse-repository</packaging>
but afaik huge parts of xtext 2.10 were built with buckminister and i have no idea how to get that running (maybe you can do a full build of all by calling some ant files
(see How to Build an Xtext p2 Repository in the readme as well)

inside the other projects build there are either p2 repositories configured in poms (with type p2) or inside .target files.

is there a reason you insist to use xtext 2.10

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Unit Test with cross-references to an external emf model
Next Topic:Association and cross-referencing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:17:27 GMT 2024