Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Kura Emulator - missing native library for RXTX(Native library is missing for kura emulator on x86_64 when trying to run serial example demo)
Kura Emulator - missing native library for RXTX [message #1781541] Thu, 08 February 2018 10:31
Carel Kruger is currently offline Carel KrugerFriend
HI All,

I am trying to run the serial bundle example in the Kura emulator

I have followed all the instructions, but get the following error if I try to open the serial port :

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: javax.comm.RXTXCommDriver.nativeGetVersion()Ljava/lang/String; thrown while loading javax.comm.RXTXCommDriver
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class javax.comm.RXTXCommDriver thrown while loading javax.comm.RXTXCommDriver

From the above output I can deduce that the native library is missing for rxtx. I have tried to include the native library using the Bundle-NativeCode directive directly in the bundle without luck. I assume this does not work because the javax.comm is not called in my bundle but via the connection factory somewhere else .

When I look at the eclipse workspace target definition I can see a jar file under the plugin directory named " javax.comm.x86_64_2.2.200.jar" which has the correct librxtxSerial.so file in it for 64bit (I am running eclipse on a 64 bit version of Debian 9).

Is it possible to run serial communications in the Kura emulator and if it is what do I need to do to get the native libraries resolved ?

Thank-you
Carel
Previous Topic:Error write with modbus_driver
Next Topic:OPC DEMO - write variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:36:54 GMT 2024