Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPP » [AERI]Can the default configuration be set to "Off" for Eclipse & 3rd party projects(How to make the default configuration to "off" in the AERI's "Configure Automated Error Reporting" preferences list?)
[AERI]Can the default configuration be set to "Off" for Eclipse & 3rd party projects [message #1781540] Thu, 08 February 2018 10:23 Go to next message
Karteek Majety is currently offline Karteek MajetyFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to extend Eclipse error reporting plugin (AERI) which would help in reporting errors for my plug-ins to my internal server.
I have observed that the "Configure Automated Error Reporting" preferences dialog which lists all the signed-up projects for error reporting, has the "Configure" button set to "On", by default i.e. AERI is enabled by default.

I'm trying to achieve 2 things as part of defining my own default behavior for the "Configure" settings:

1)I would want to make opt-out approach as the default configuration. (which means "Configure" should be set to "Off", by default) so that the user can choose to opt-in if he is ok to send error reports to any server
2) I would also want to remove the Eclipse Error Reporting project in the "Configure projects" list.

I tried to check if the above 2 things are possible by extending AERI plugin but I'm not successful so far.

Can you please suggest if it's possible to gain control (programmatically by the extensions of AERI) over the default configuration settings (on AERI's "Configure Automated Error Reporting" preferences dialog). If possible, then can you suggest how this could be done?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Karteek

[Updated on: Thu, 08 February 2018 11:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [AERI]Can the default configuration be set to "Off" for Eclipse & 3rd party projec [message #1782027 is a reply to message #1781540] Fri, 16 February 2018 07:30 Go to previous message
Marcel Bruch is currently offline Marcel BruchFriend

Karteek,

do you want to use AERI on your own Eclipse distribution (e.g., in-house setup) or do you suggest a general change to AERI?

Regarding 2) this is currently not possible since the extension that contributes the Eclipse Error Reporting server resides in the same plugin as the code. To get your request solved, we'd need to separate this.

Regarding 1) the default is not configurable yet.

How to proceed depends on your setup. I'll not change the defaults for AERI that are used by all Eclipse distributions. But we may think about how some behaviour might be changed by, e.g., some system properties if thats an appropriate solution.

Marcel
Previous Topic:[AERI] Access Logs from within Eclipse IDE
Next Topic:How to create a JaCoCo report for an EPP product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:44:52 GMT 2024