Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Mint tool, where can I find it?(Is the mint tool still available)
Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1781435] Wed, 07 February 2018 10:20 Go to next message
Ewoud Werkman is currently offline Ewoud WerkmanFriend
Hi,

I want to outline which methods are generated in my generated code. I read there is a tool called Mint that colors the methods in the Outline view accordingly, but cant find it or enable it in recent version of EMF(tools). Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Ewoud
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1781513 is a reply to message #1781435] Thu, 08 February 2018 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry, that project was archived long ago.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1781559 is a reply to message #1781513] Thu, 08 February 2018 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ewoud Werkman is currently offline Ewoud WerkmanFriend
Ah, thanks. That explains why I couldn't find it.
Is there an alternative, as the filter outline function cannot filter on javadoc annotations (such as @generated) as far as I know?
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1781591 is a reply to message #1781559] Fri, 09 February 2018 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I don't know of anything that could be done in this regard without installing some type of extension... I thought there was some way to at least showing markers in the ruler, but I couldn't find anything like that in the preferences.

Ed Merks
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1781661 is a reply to message #1781591] Sun, 11 February 2018 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The termination Bugzilla for MINT lists its archive: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=394852

My initial recollection of MINT was that it appeared on my machine by accident and my JDT EMF experience was unexpectedly different; I'm not fond of unexpected change.

However I came to quite like the coloring that distinguished autogenerated functionality and so when MINT vanished I was disappointed.

Unfortunately MINT was a one project and one man projects are often short lived. I just took a quick look at the archive to see how resurrectable it might be. The archived sources are all CVS *,v files so those may be increasingly difficult to resurrect. However the downloads\drops\0.9.0\S201006092349\emft-mint-All-incubation-0.9.0RC4.zip appears to have clean *.java files.

As it stands I think MINT aspired to too many EMF added value functionalities that overlap with Modisco. If the MINT code was rescued and trimmed to just the functionality that colors the outline view, the result might be small enough and simple enough to contribute to another project such as EMF itself. However Java 8 and @NonNull have happened since MINT was archived and so a bit of modernisation is almost certainly needed before before a mini-MINT could be folded into emf.edit.ui

Any volunteers?

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1835919 is a reply to message #1781661] Wed, 16 December 2020 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Mising name is currently offline Marc Mising nameFriend
Dear, I'm interested to have a look at the source code of MINT. Where can I download it?

Sorry, I can edit: I think I have the sources, because I have an old Eclipse with MINT installed as dropins, and I have sources:
org.eclipse.emf.mint.source_0.9.0.v201006142335.jar
org.eclipse.emf.mint.ui.source_0.9.0.v201006142335.jar

Thanks,

[Updated on: Wed, 16 December 2020 13:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1835932 is a reply to message #1835919] Wed, 16 December 2020 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Follow the links in my previous post.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1835938 is a reply to message #1835932] Wed, 16 December 2020 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Ed, files in the mint.tgz file appears to be invalid, with an strange extension ",v" that I can't open. Example: ".project,v", "plugin.xml,v"...
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1835947 is a reply to message #1835938] Thu, 17 December 2020 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it looks like all of it have *,v names and have some type of CVS history encoded in them. Only the webmaster know how they created this and how one should recover the source from this, so you could ask on that Bugzilla.

Ed Merks
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1835956 is a reply to message #1835947] Thu, 17 December 2020 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

CVS is/was an older simpler CM system that preceded SVN and GIT. It used a single comma file per actual file to track with per-line incremental differences, so that if you really wanted you do a search across all versions ever. If you install an old perhaps 5/10 year old version of Eclipse you will that it has CVS support and the comma files will be sensibly handled as history. Alternatively you might try TortoiseCVS (disclaimer: I have only used TortoiseSVN).

After a 25 minute download of mint.tgz, WinZip reports that the archive is invalid for me. I haven't retried. The archive is just a simple as-is copy of everything in the project at the time of archive. It therefore contains all the CVS comma files that you don't really want to look at without a CVS tool.

My comment
Quote:
However the downloads\drops\0.9.0\S201006092349\emft-mint-All-incubation-0.9.0RC4.zip appears to have clean *.java files.

presumably indicates that if you select that path within the archive you will find directly useful Java files that formed part of the source of the 0.9.0RC4 release.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Mint tool, where can I find it? [message #1835958 is a reply to message #1835956] Thu, 17 December 2020 08:44 Go to previous message
Hi Ed Willink, finally I take the 2 jar sources that I post before. I have it in my hard disk for years, like a treasure :D
I'm adapting it to use within a plugin we use in our company, but I think I have no time to adapt it correctly to be deployed in Eclipse.
Thanks
Previous Topic:XSLT transform (or serialize) a subtree of an EMF model
Next Topic:[CDO] - Migrating from 4.6 to 4.10 - DB Exception on server restart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:19:27 GMT 2024