Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » include external fragments
include external fragments [message #1781398] Tue, 06 February 2018 18:21 Go to next message
Jim 20100 is currently offline Jim 20100Friend
Hello,

I have several docx templates in my plugin.

They share some common script.
I would like to create an external docx fragment and include it in several other docx.

All docx are in my plugin, so I don't know how to include files from a plugin location.

Jim
Re: include external fragments [message #1781418 is a reply to message #1781398] Wed, 07 February 2018 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello,
as far as i know it is not implemented, honestly I never thought about this need but it is very relevant and interesting !

Maybe other contributors has an idea about it and if it is not possible can you open a bug about this subject ?

Re: include external fragments [message #1781423 is a reply to message #1781418] Wed, 07 February 2018 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Campesino is currently offline Antonio CampesinoFriend
Hi,

It is not as simple as it may look.

It is not only the fragment content that needs to be imported and handle, such as styles, pictures, change info, and a lot of other things that are not visible to the end user. All that is in an indexed table than need to be unified in the importing document and the reference to it in the imported document need to be update to point to the right index in the new unified table.

And all that for the docx and odt format and after 0.7 for pptx and xlsx documents.

In any case open a bug in bugzilla and we will consider it.

Regards,
Antonio
Re: include external fragments [message #1781425 is a reply to message #1781423] Wed, 07 February 2018 09:09 Go to previous message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
About your need Jim did you already create common Acceleo queries in your plugin to use them in your different templates ?

Previous Topic:External EMF reference: InvalidType
Next Topic:Papyrus diagram rootelement and owner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:58:20 GMT 2024