Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Add Component to Deployment Diagram
Add Component to Deployment Diagram [message #1781378] Tue, 06 February 2018 15:39 Go to next message
Felipe  Rivera is currently offline Felipe RiveraFriend
Hi,

I am working with Papyrus 3.2.0 on Eclipse 4.7.1a. I need to model components in my deployment diagrams (e.g., through manifestation relationships), but the Component element is not showed in the palette for deployment diagrams. How can I add this kind of element to the diagram?

Thank you.
Re: Add Component to Deployment Diagram [message #1781421 is a reply to message #1781378] Wed, 07 February 2018 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi,

You can always drop it from the model explore but the display won't be exactly the same as in Componenet diagram

Benoît
Re: Add Component to Deployment Diagram [message #1781507 is a reply to message #1781378] Thu, 08 February 2018 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Hello Felipe,

there's a good reason why the component icon is not in the deployment diagram palette. For deployment diagram you should show only what is in the palette. Any good UML book will help you understand, an easy and comprehensive read is " The Unified Modeling Language Reference Manual 2nd edition" (Addison Wesley)
Re: Add Component to Deployment Diagram [message #1826461 is a reply to message #1781507] Sat, 25 April 2020 09:01 Go to previous message
romain Monfollet is currently offline romain MonfolletFriend
Hi Ri Fr.
Indeed, UML is a great general purpose design langage.
Nevertheless, as an architect, what one might need, for instance, is to create an install View for supporting decisions about the deployment of components to hardware Elements .
That is, how do our components map to artifacts such as jar file which later map onto the computing platform.
So i guess abiding by the UML specification wouldn't help us in the least here unfortunately.
Nevertheless such Manifestation Diagrams would prove quite useful, in my view in any case.
Previous Topic:Best version of Eclipse and Papyrus SysML
Next Topic:Custom palette set multiplicity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:48:57 GMT 2024