Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » New to Extending Rootkits(I try to extend Jubula with my own Rootkit but just can't find step by step tutorials)
New to Extending Rootkits [message #1781284] Mon, 05 February 2018 14:09 Go to next message
Maximilian Reiß is currently offline Maximilian ReißFriend
Hi

I'm new to Plugin development in general and espacially for Jubula.
I did some general Plugin development tutorials and now I want to write my own rootkit for jubula or at least extend an existing one. I read trough multible tutorials, but the only things I found for jubula were the examples with code. But when I read that I have no idea why this is done and how do I adapt that to my needs.

I also tried to install the Extensionwizard, but an error is blocking the Installation.

Is there any step by step tutorial wich expains all the components you need for a new toolkit and how they are structured and so on ?

with kind regards
Maxi
Re: New to Extending Rootkits [message #1781369 is a reply to message #1781284] Tue, 06 February 2018 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I got the Extension wizard running now, I will try it. But it would still be nice to have a Tutorial wich explains all the diffrent files and components and how they interact :)
Re: New to Extending Rootkits [message #1781700 is a reply to message #1781369] Mon, 12 February 2018 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
We have no more documentation than the ones in the developer manual. Also we have some example Plugins which can be used to learn more about the structure

kind regards
Marvin
Re: New to Extending Rootkits [message #1781817 is a reply to message #1781700] Tue, 13 February 2018 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atm I just try to create a new Action and let Jubula recognize it, so it is shown in the list to the left. I created my own toolkit wich inherits from the rcp toolkt. I also added a new Action "ReadCell".
I added it to ComponentConfiguration.XML and I declared a Methode with the same name in the Tester Class. What else can I do to make Jubula show my own action and also how can I tell it where it should be in the hirachie of the Actions ?
What Steps are exactly needed to get a new Action in my Toolkit. Would be a great help cause I just can't find anything wich is explaining the process at a whole. and the documentation is just a overview but explains not really anything for someone without a lot of experiences
with plugins or Extension ^^.
Re: New to Extending Rootkits [message #1781995 is a reply to message #1781817] Thu, 15 February 2018 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are two different things to consider:
If you want to extend a existing Component with a new action than you must use <extends> instead of <realizes> in the Component Configuration.

And on this it depends where you can see the new action. If you are using <realizes> you must create a new Test Step and find your own Component, and in this there should be your own action.
If you are using <extends> you must also create a new Test Step but you must search than for the Component you have extended and there should be your own action in the action List .

As you have asked in the other Thread where the adapter is for. The adapter in the RC plugin is where the real component is saved into. We use this for components so we can get the basic actions(or even more complex) with only a few lines to implement(so the WidgetAdapter e.g. is for the basic actions like clicking into it).
A little bit more explanation onto the ComponentConfiguration.xml is in our swing extension example[1].

And you are right most of the things are more or less basic documentation .

kind regards
Marvin

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.core.git/tree/org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.swing.toolkit/resources/xml/ComponentConfiguration.xml
Re: New to Extending Rootkits [message #1782183 is a reply to message #1781995] Tue, 20 February 2018 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply :)

I have one general Question:

If I want to build an Extension to recognize a new component like Nattables. Do I have to change anything inside the Code of this component ? I mean can I create Actions for a Component I don't have access to the Source Code ?

[Updated on: Tue, 20 February 2018 12:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New to Extending Rootkits [message #1782292 is a reply to message #1782183] Wed, 21 February 2018 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it is possible, we are not making any changes, we just use regular API(and sometimes internal if we cannot avoid it) of the components. It would be helpful to have the source to see how you can write your actions but you can also only write against their API.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 February 2018 11:48]

Re: New to Extending Rootkits [message #1782344 is a reply to message #1782292] Thu, 22 February 2018 08:27 Go to previous message
What do you mean by "creating a new Teststep and finding my own component". I thought, if I add a new action, it is added to the list in the lower left corner where the Testcases are, after I open my own Toolkit wich includes the rcpToolkitPlugin. Do I missunderstand something here ?

Also another thing. The Component in the Application is currently recognized with a supported Type of canvas, even its a table. How can I tell jubula to treat it like the new component I add by the extension. I mean it seems to me that the recognized "Supported Type" is what Jubula thinks the component type is.

It is like I understand single parts, but don't understand the whole prozess of the integration of a new Toolkit and new Components and actions. What does Jubula need from the Extension to recognize the Component as the one added by the Extension plugin ?

Also the recognition depends on diffrent factors for the heuristic match. A strong one is the Path and the name if I understood that right. So how can I use that in the development of the extension, wich path/name is it Jubula is using to search for componenttypes ?

[Updated on: Thu, 22 February 2018 12:19]

Previous Topic:"Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath on U
Next Topic:Query Jubula Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:35:32 GMT 2024