Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » New Papyrus Model Wizard Issue(Window won't close when clicking "finish" and no new model generated)
New Papyrus Model Wizard Issue [message #1781251] Mon, 05 February 2018 03:37 Go to next message
Ioannis Nearchou is currently offline Ioannis NearchouFriend
Hello Everyone,

I couldn't find a log for a post I attempted a few days ago, so I hope this isn't a repeat post. I am having issues when attempting to create new models through the New Papyrus Model wizard. After selecting the diagrams I require, I click the finish button, but the window does not close and no new model is generated. I attempted the same steps while creating a new Papyrus project, but receive the same issue. I tried reverting my version of Papyrus to a time before the issue occurred and then updated it quite recently. Each version encountered the same problem as well. I am wondering if I might have to reinstall Papyrus or if there is another solution?

Thank you,
Ioannis
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Issue [message #1781691 is a reply to message #1781251] Mon, 12 February 2018 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Is there a log entry in the Error Log view, when the error occurs? If so, can you please provide the entry details?

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Issue [message #1781746 is a reply to message #1781691] Mon, 12 February 2018 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Camille,

I tried it again and my error log shows a thrown unhandled event loop exception, with java.lang.NoSuchMethodError when I click finish. I have attached the stack trace of the errors What could be the cause of it?

Thank you,
Ioannis

[Updated on: Mon, 12 February 2018 23:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Issue [message #1781767 is a reply to message #1781746] Tue, 13 February 2018 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

NoSuchMethodError typically indicates a compatibility issue with the installed plug-ins.

Do you have the full stack trace? When you double-click on the log entry, you get a dialog which contains all the detailed info about the error (Including the Exception Stack Trace)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Issue [message #1782018 is a reply to message #1781767] Fri, 16 February 2018 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Camille,

I exported a copy of the stacktrace when I ran it and copied only the entries of thrown exceptions for one instance of the many duplicate instances that were in the full file. I have attached the abbreviated file of just those exceptions to the reply here.

Thank you,
Ioannis
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Issue [message #1782028 is a reply to message #1782018] Fri, 16 February 2018 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

This looks like a bug that was fixed last year (March 2017), when upgrading to Guava 21.0

So my best guess at this point is that you're using Papyrus Neon (An older version of Papyrus) with a newer version of Guava (e.g. 21.0), which are not compatible with each other.

This may happen if e.g. you installed a separate product (In addition to Papyrus) which requires a more recent version of Guava

Using Papyrus 3.x (Oxygen) should solve the issue

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: New Papyrus Model Wizard Issue [message #1782091 is a reply to message #1782028] Sat, 17 February 2018 00:51 Go to previous message
Hello Camille,

Thank you for the suggestion. I decided to download oxygen to get an updated IDE, then downloaded the recent Papyrus release. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thank you,
Ioannis
Previous Topic:[Informative Message] Default naming strategies changes for Papyrus Oxygen.3
Next Topic:Palette definition extention
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:44:52 GMT 2024